Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
What a turnaround by the Islanders. They've only allowed 98 goals so far - the fewest in the league. This is AFTER they were historically bad last season. I'm sure part of it is good goaltending, but man... what a job Trotz is doing.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What a turnaround by the Islanders. They've only allowed 98 goals so far - the fewest in the league. This is AFTER they were historically bad last season. I'm sure part of it is good goaltending, but man... what a job Trotz is doing.

I know...clogging the NZ style that won him the Cup...can they keep it up? We’ll see...they’re going to be tough competitors I think for the last PO spot in the Metro....

I’m tired of seeing the Caps win all the time...I hope the Pens can take them down in the POs this year but if not, someone needs to and it could be the Isles...Trotz would have an axe to grind...of my top three d**che’s in the NHL, two of them are on the Caps...

Top three d**che’s: Oshie, Tom Wilson, Patrick Kane...in no particular order...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I know...clogging the NZ style that won him the Cup...can they keep it up? We’ll see...they’re going to be tough competitors I think for the last PO spot in the Metro....

The Knights didn't have an answer for it, and neither do the Leafs. His teams thrive at slowing things down in the NZ. They could use a bit more firepower up front, especially if teams load up on Barzal. However, their system could make up for that.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
DECEMBER 30: Edmonton Oilers acquire defenseman Alexander Petrovic from Florida Panthers for defenseman Chris Wideman and 2019 third-round pick.

I think I'd rather have Wideman.

AND I get a draft pick? Cool.

And save half the contract cost, too (both UFA. 1.95mil vs 1mil)??

Right?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Don’t think Petrovic moves the needle in any positive direction for Edmonton. The gameplan there remains to play McDavid high with Draisaitl as his center/co-center and hope he scores more points than the rest of the team gives up.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Yeah but I don’t think he is trying to characterize Tavares as some pariah. For context most of the islanders went to JTs wedding, I am pretty sure Trotz is just reminding them not to go easy on their buddy during the game

Trotz is also a whining piece of garbage. It's always "us against the world" with him. I think he learned it from Babcock.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
They also just traded Drake Caggiula for Brandon Manning. Don't know much about Caggiula but I thought Manning was very awful for Philly at least.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Don’t think Petrovic moves the needle in any positive direction for Edmonton. The gameplan there remains to play McDavid high with Draisaitl as his center/co-center and hope he scores more points than the rest of the team gives up.

Florida fans were glad to see him gone. Same with Manning in Chicago. Rutherford should see whether he can land someone like Tobias Rieder for Oleksiak.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hall, Eberle, Schultz, Caggiula, 1st and 2nd

For

Larsson, Spooner, G. Reinhart, Manning and a 3rd

Wonder if McDavid wants to play for his boyhood team.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Randy Butternubs - i'm a little sad inside. I didn't think Caggs would light it up here, but I thought he'd be a perfect guy up/down the lineup. Would have fit our mold much better.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Reactions: EightyOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
His smile will get him in the Hall of Fame, don't worry.

It’s funny, but his personality will.

His championships and gold medal, plus likely being 3rd in playoff and RS wins is nothing to sneeze at. Plus the fact he’s been to 5 SCF. 3 as a starter.

Crazy that he’s a HOF though. I really don’t think he deserves to be. But, his resume isn’t like an Osgood. Especially after last year’s run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->