Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Because we waited until after the season to lock him up, and then were faced with the dilemma of meeting his terms or losing our season MVP for nothing right after our first playoff success ever...

Fortunately, we didn't make the playoffs and have Kuemper, so we're more likely to walk away than cave completely and repeat the mistake. Yay?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We're talking about 16m commitment for Raanta. Smith's deal was a 34m commitment.
Wrong thread? That's a good point, keeps it in perspective. I'm just scared of commitment after our previous marriage to a goalie ended poorly.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Oh boy. On second thought I deleted my response. Rather than argue I opted the ignore feature.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Should see the exchange on Twitter between Biz and a bitter Winnipeg fan over Keller getting the rookie franchise record for points.

Can't repost it here due to the salty language but the fan got taken to the woodshed.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Should see the exchange on Twitter between Biz and a bitter Winnipeg fan over Keller getting the rookie franchise record for points.

Can't repost it here due to the salty language but the fan got taken to the woodshed.

I'm on a self imposed exile from the BoH megathread but man, I hope someone drew attention to that twitter exchange in there. That was great.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
They're still there. Biz is still hammering the guy. Screenshot:

nPbQwDN.jpg

Reactions: CC96

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sucks you have to have Twitter now to even see what was said.
It read like an HF thread. Winnipeg guys were like, "hey if you aren't using our history can we have it back" and Biz kind of blew up like "who cares, stop crapping on this positive thing with your baggage" and it quickly devolved into "you lost your team for a reason" and "you'll lose yours soon" kind of stuff. It was basically HF.

Reactions: doaner

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
It read like an HF thread. Winnipeg guys were like, "hey if you aren't using our history can we have it back" and Biz kind of blew up like "who cares, stop crapping on this positive thing with your baggage" and it quickly devolved into "you lost your team for a reason" and "you'll lose yours soon" kind of stuff. It was basically HF.
Yeah. Sounds about right! Haha

rt

May 13, 2004
Lower body injury
Too specific. Teams should just start saying due to "Medical Concern".

Anyone remember the days before day-to-day, week-to-week, and long-term? Before upper-body injury and lower-body injury?

It used to be, "...expected to be out next four games with strained MCL".

Does anyone know why teams stopped giving real time lines and stopped explaining the nature of injuries? It was some time in the last 10-15 years that we ended up in the realm of the vague and meaningless.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Too specific. Teams should just start saying due to "Medical Concern".

Anyone remember the days before day-to-day, week-to-week, and long-term? Before upper-body injury and lower-body injury?

It used to be, "...expected to be out next four games with strained MCL".

Does anyone know why teams stopped giving real time lines and stopped explaining the nature of injuries? It was some time in the last 10-15 years that we ended up in the realm of the vague and meaningless.

I can understand being vague about the injury to prevent opposing teams from targeting the afflicted area.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Apparently the secrecy of injuries - at least according to Jets coach Paul Maurice - has to do with players' privacy. Not all teams abide by this.

rt

May 13, 2004
I thought it might have to do with HIPAA. Though I imagine "upper body injury" isn't better or worse than "pulled neck muscle" as far as privacy is concerned.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I thought it might have to do with HIPAA. Though I imagine "upper body injury" isn't better or worse than "pulled neck muscle" as far as privacy is concerned.
HIPAA protection refers to medical personell and organizations. Those rights, like most, can be waived in a player's contract. Not sure what the Canadian equivalent is, but I am very familiar with HIPAA.

Remember, the hospital which took care of Jean Pierre Paul of the NYGiants when he lost his fingers was taken out to the woodshed over the unauthorized release of his records. The team released medical records without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad