Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Whaaat. TBL is going to be monstrous
The East is going to be a fun watch next season. If this happens TBL is going to be a force along with Toronto, Boston, Pittsburgh and Washington. Columbus and Philly are in the mix too. Can't wait for the season!!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Seriously happy this team can't afford EK65. Trading for him now should be worse than what the Panthers did when they signed an injured Bolland to a big contract. After all, for the Panthers, that was just money. Trading for EK now would cost you money and assets.

Also happy this blueline looks so good, but happy for not trading for EK anyways.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seriously happy this team can't afford EK65. Trading for him now should be worse than what the Panthers did when they signed an injured Bolland to a big contract. After all, for the Panthers, that was just money. Trading for EK now would cost you money and assets.

Also happy this blueline looks so good, but happy for not trading for EK anyways.
Bolland wasn’t the best defenseman in his league, in his prime. I’m not saying I want to trade for EK. I don’t. But he’s pretty amazing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Calgary was a nasty team when Mike Smith was putting up a touch above NHL average goaltending. Once goaltending went back to those sweet 2015-2017 years this team fell of the rails.

Nothing like dominating possession, shots, chances and time in the offensive zone, to have a quick 3 on 2 turn into a 3 goals in under 15 minute slide).

Tried to warn them...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

That’s the establishment line but I disagree. It’s time for the Coyotes to start concentrating talent. Looking at talent as a quantifiable asset, I would rather have one 1200 talent-point player than an 800 and a 400 talent-point player combination on the roster. It’s much easier to replace 2 lesser talented players than one high talent player.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He is unbelievably hot-cold with a history of groin injuries.

When he's on, he's amazing. When he's hurt or just bad, he's... not helpful. Mentally weak. He also wears his frustration on his sleeve, and the diving got old.

He's still a starting goaltender who can steal games. Just not a great one. In a field of headcase goaltenders, he's near the top. Easy choice to move on from that contract.

Calgary can still be happy if he can stay healthy and keep the valleys from dropping too low. But at full price, I imagine we make a deal to move him ten times out of ten.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Calgary is crazy if they don't bring in a decent backup for when Smith inevitably misses 20 games. Kari Lehtonen is right there. 1 year, 1 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad