Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hope some obnoxious trolls on the main board watched the end of the Avs-Stars game where Miro got toasted and choked on their Hessburgers.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Like every offseason, Vegas is going to be really interesting to watch.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That was one of the most egregious flying elbow attempts I've seen in a long time. He didn't even connect and I'd still suspend his dumb ass.
Is he getting any discipline for that? The rulebook (which is almost worthless in the regular season, doubly so in the playoffs) notes that malicious intent to deliver an illegal check can be penalized with a major or match suspension, and Trouba literally launched himself head first at the boards in an attempt to elbow someone in the head. Not sure how much more obvious malicious intent can be.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is he getting any discipline for that? The rulebook (which is almost worthless in the regular season, doubly so in the playoffs) notes that malicious intent to deliver an illegal check can be penalized with a major or match suspension, and Trouba literally launched himself head first at the boards in an attempt to elbow someone in the head. Not sure how much more obvious malicious intent can be.

I want to know if he and Rempe are comparing notes after the game?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Like every offseason, Vegas is going to be really interesting to watch.

I love how they have one of the best defensive groups AND they are slotted into reasonable deals down the lineup. Figure Martinez, Mantha, and Stephenson are not back. I would think Carrier and Amadio get a lot of interest elsewhere. If they can find a taker for Lehner's contract, then they don't have to worry about that overage.

They might sacrifice Whitecloud to move Korczak into the defense full time which is still a great value deal. I wonder if they'd like someone who is close to ready prospect-wise but sadly the one guy I would let go of easily is Rosen. He may not fit what they want to do. Then again, maybe he might.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
giphy.webp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad