OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Riley Sheahan has tricked the world into think he is good because he plays well for a couple weeks then goes right back to disappearing.

Even if this is true - and I disagree with it - that still makes him a couple of weeks better than most of Edmonton's bottom 6.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Riley Sheahan has tricked the world into think he is good because he plays well for a couple weeks then goes right back to disappearing.

I agree that he basically sucks, although not sure he's tricked the world since he was benched in Detroit, overplayed in Pitt and then replaced by Brass, and then had to wait until September 6th to sign a 1 year low money deal. He might be an upgrade in Edmonton because they are a tire fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Europe in a year.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Do they brainwash these guys before they sign their contracts? All of them are signed to team friendly deals.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Do they brainwash these guys before they sign their contracts? All of them are signed to team friendly deals.

Not much money to go around to desirable places.

If the places you want to go to are only offering you $X, anything above X is likely what you'll sign for

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I agree that he basically sucks, although not sure he's tricked the world since he was benched in Detroit, overplayed in Pitt and then replaced by Brass, and then had to wait until September 6th to sign a 1 year low money deal. He might be an upgrade in Edmonton because they are a tire fire, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Europe in a year.

He can see him leading the Swiss League in points in a few years.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Surely they're going to move someone? A lot of money tied up in an albeit it very good blueline

Friedman already tweeted that Faulk is back on the block. He checks all the boxes for what GMs are looking for (RHD, big shot, etc.) and is on the last year of his deal.

Regardless of who they move, their defence should be good. Their goaltending though... Mrazek is known for being inconsistent and Reimer is coming off a terrible season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Friedman already tweeted that Faulk is back on the block. He checks all the boxes for what GMs are looking for (RHD, big shot, etc.) and is on the last year of his deal.

Regardless of who they move, their defence should be good. Their goaltending though... Mrazek is known for being inconsistent and Reimer is coming off a terrible season.
I'll be shocked if the Jets don't land Faulk.

That is where I have him going for one of their forwards - Something like Roslovic and a pick (2nd? conditional 1st if he signs?).

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'll be shocked if the Jets don't land Faulk.

That is where I have him going for one of their forwards - Something like Roslovic and a pick (2nd? conditional 1st if he signs?).

I can see that. However, I think the Hurricanes would be looking at a player who is a bit farther along. Goaltending aside, that team looks like it could make another run - with or without Faulk.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can see that. However, I think the Hurricanes would be looking at a player who is a bit farther along. Goaltending aside, that team looks like it could make another run - with or without Faulk.
Maybe another one of their forwards, but I think the Canes would have to give up something with Faulk to get Ehlers (which is something that would be huge for that forward group in Carolina).

Jets got decimated with their defense losing Myers and then trading Trouba, their right side is pretty weak right now even with Byfuglien still there, they need someone that can handle bigger minutes and Faulk would slide right in as the guy to build around on that D or one of the pieces.

Worth Ehlers though? Connor?

Edit: Ehlers would require another player going to the Jets to make that cap work.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Ehlers has been thrown around a bunch of times on the trade board. This is just me speculating, but it seems like the Jets value Connor more than the other guys (Laine and Ehlers). So I don’t see them trading him.

Ehlers, though... he would fit the mould of Carolina’s group.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ehlers has been thrown around a bunch of times on the trade board. This is just me speculating, but it seems like the Jets value Connor more than the other guys (Laine and Ehlers). So I don’t see them trading him.

Ehlers, though... he would fit the mould of Carolina’s group.
Yeah Ehlers is the guy I think would go.

Faulk + Martinook for Ehlers (and some picks or whatever involved to even things out) would work out cap wise.

Martinook being a hometown kid would be a good add for their bottom 6 as well with losing Tanev.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah, it'll either be Ehlers or Laine to go if the Jets decide to shake things up. Ehlers can't seem to put everything together and Laine is too streaky. Plus, the two are supposedly good friends off the ice. Management might feel the need to trade one of them to kick start the other.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, it'll either be Ehlers or Laine to go if the Jets decide to shake things up. Ehlers can't seem to put everything together and Laine is too streaky. Plus, the two are supposedly good friends off the ice. Management might feel the need to trade one of them to kick start the other.
I think the issue with Laine right now is that he might not want to sign the long term deal that they want him to sign and he might want to hit UFA status quicker.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo and BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Trading Ehlers is a huge mistake on Winnipeg’s part if it comes to that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Trading Ehlers is a huge mistake on Winnipeg’s part if it comes to that.

The emergence of Connors and Roslovic maybe producing more helps remedy that if they can get a big minute player on the right side D. They lost Myers and Trouba. Those are two guys that played a lot of heavy minutes and now that defense is weak af.

Just looking at it from a logic stand point, it makes sense for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad