OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I know it's only preseason, buuuuut...

Max Pacioretty with a hat trick (plus an assist and a big hit) last night. The guy is going to have a strong season next to Stastny and Stone.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know it's only preseason, buuuuut...

Max Pacioretty with a hat trick (plus an assist and a big hit) last night. The guy is going to have a strong season next to Stastny and Stone.

You’d have to put Vegas in the top 3 teams with best top 6 forward lines, if not the best team...

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
You’d have to put Vegas in the top 3 teams with best top 6 forward lines, if not the best team...

Their top six, featuring (in my humble opinion) two first lines, is the best in the league. They're the team to beat if Fleury, 34, delivers.

Reactions: Andy99

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Hey everyone, I recently cut the cable cord and was thinking about getting NHLTV, but I know they enforce local blackouts (which would defeat the main purpose of getting it). Would a VPN allow me to get around the blackout of Pens games?

*Mods- I know streams and such are not allowed in the forums, so if this falls into that type of category, please delete this question*

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I have had NHL.TV the last three years and have been pretty disappointed. Besides the blackouts, there are a lot of technical issues. I have very fast internet and the feed is still choppy or delayed sometimes. Nothing worse than looking forward to a game all week and coming home to watch a game on NHL.TV and it is not working. Games are also blackedout anytime they are on NHL channel, NBC, NBCsports. Not sure if there is a great alternative, I may bite the bullet and buy it again this year.

Concerning the VPN, I have read that some can get around the regional restrictions and some cannot. I am not really helpful with the VPN stuff.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Their top six, featuring (in my humble opinion) two first lines, is the best in the league. They're the team to beat if Fleury, 34, delivers.
MAF just has to stay healthy. That defense lost Miller because of their cap crunch but Schmidt is not a 20 game ped suspension this year and will be ready to go. The guy was at a 0.5ppg pace or near it. A 40~ pt pace. I can see 50+ out of him this year.

They play like a team. So while I'd be skeptical about that defense, I feel like GG will still get 110% out of them. I'd be surprised if they aren't in the WCF.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Devils also missed Hall (the previous season's MVP) and Schneider (low-end starter at this point) to injury. Having both of them back, and presumably healthy, should help.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Devils also missed Hall (the previous season's MVP) and Schneider (low-end starter at this point) to injury. Having both of them back, and presumably healthy, should help.

Schneider is not even close to a starter anymore.

Reactions: Khelandros

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Schneider is not even close to a starter anymore.

He showed some of that form after coming back from injury. You're right, he'll probably never be at the same level he was when he arrived in New Jersey. However, I can see him bouncing back. Plus, his job should be less taxing if MacKenzie Blackwood takes on more of a role.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He needs to demand a trade to the Pens and only Pens to play with Crosby. ;)

Until he's spent a year on the third line, gives up on effort, and goes on to poison the second line with Malkin.

Having played with Sid 126 ES mins.

And is traded for spare parts.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Big Buff pondering his future in the NHL, pretty crazy. Hope everythings okay, he'd be walking out on 14M. Winnipeg would also get majorly f***ed.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Big Buff pondering his future in the NHL, pretty crazy. Hope everythings okay, he'd be walking out on 14M. Winnipeg would also get majorly ****ed.

Yeah that seems crazy. He's not young, but 34 isn't that old and he's still a great player when healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->