OT: Around the NHL - Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I have to wonder how Orpik will do in that position. He never seemed particularly, um... patient... at least while he was here. But it's tough to tell how former players will transition into roles such as those.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
No wishing or relishing injury. Ovechkin being an easy target doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply. Same goes for any player on rival teams.

Reactions: Andy99

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Dom from The Athletic has the Islanders outside the playoffs (20th overall) in his season preview series. Basically, he doesn't think the forwards group is good enough to make up for a regression in goaltending.

I bet the Islanders fans there just love that. They were constantly on his case last season for underrating them.

I have to wonder how Orpik will do in that position. He never seemed particularly, um... patient... at least while he was here. But it's tough to tell how former players will transition into roles such as those.

Orpik sucks and is an asshole. Hope it goes poorly.

I wish we had players that looked like they had catastrophic injuries and then didn’t.

Instead we have the opposite: players who seem fine but are actually catastrophically injured.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Wasn't Orpik the guy that started the movement to take the C off Crosby when he was hurt? You want that guy teaching/coaching?

Lol, **** that guy.

Yeah. A bunch of players all came to practice with a "C" on their jersey to show support for Crosby.

Malkin wore a "K" which I thought was hilarious.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah. A bunch of players all came to practice with a "C" on their jersey to show support for Crosby.

Malkin wore a "K" which I thought was hilarious.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Orpik, I hope he never makes his way back to the Pens in any shape or form. Dude can f*** off with the Caps for the rest of his life with that psycho stare.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Werenski deal is an unreal bargain

I think it's a good deal for both to be honest. Werenski is getting salaries of $4MM, $4MM, and $7MM so his launching point for his next contract starts at $7MM and will likely grow materially from there. A bit risky with injuries and all of that, but I think he will get PAID on the next one. 8 years $80MM+ isn't out of the question.

Reactions: BHD and Peat

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Apparently Marner has turned down 11 mil for 7/8 years. He might just need therapy to get over his McDavid/Matthews complex.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Apparently Marner has turned down 11 mil for 7/8 years. He might just need therapy to get over his McDavid/Matthews complex.

I guess his dad Paul is total poison, too. And a big reason this whole situation has spiraled so far out of control.

I've been saying it a lot lately but gosh we're spoiled.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I guess his dad Paul is total poison, too. And a big reason this whole situation has spiraled so far out of control.

I've been saying it a lot lately but gosh we're spoiled.

I mean, money is money and the cap is well, the Cap. If his dad believes he's better/more important than Matthews...he should want and get over 11M.
Sucks for TOR but hey, they didn't have to go out and get JT, paying him top bucks, either and have Marner locked up already.

I fully believe Marner's the better, more impactful player btw and should get the big bucks.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I mean, money is money and the cap is well, the Cap. If his dad believes he's better/more important than Matthews...he should want and get over 11M.
Sucks for TOR but hey, they didn't have to go out and get JT, paying him top bucks, either and have Marner locked up already.

I fully believe Marner's the better, more impactful player btw and should get the big bucks.

Marner is better than Matthews in the same way Phil Kessel is better than say.. Mark Scheifele. I.e. he isn’t at all, but I guess the points are close.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Oh don't mistake me, Toronto can go f*** themselves. I just think it seems like kind of a circus at this point over 600ish thousand and some wounded pride. It's still a giant pile of money and commitment from Toronto. And it always seems like Lindros-dads are a bad sign.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad