OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No wonder Paul Martin was sitting the bench. He looked like a 75 year old man turning his hips. If I was Burns i'd want to kill him right now. All he had to do was maintain his angle and he would have been fine. Basically Martin threw Burns under the bus looking for a switch out of nowhere. On a 1 on 2. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I thought the sharks would win this series but I think Vegas is too good and will be in the WCF...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Imagine being Columbus, having never won a playoff series and giving up a guy better than Rick Nash in the expansion draft.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Imagine being Columbus, having never won a playoff series and giving up a guy better than Rick Bash in the expansion draft.

Crazy. Obviously didnt expect this but i do remember seeing some potential from Karlsson in our series against them last year. 2g 1a in those 5 games when most of their guys were quiet

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
One guy that's impressed me the more I watch him is Hertl. Reminds me of a lesser version of Jagr with his size and ability to protect the puck along the boards before turn toward the net to create a scoring chance.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And Florida. Give them March just to take Smith. Who wasnt even on a bad contract. Thats their top line right there.

And Vegas owes us more than just retaining on Brassard, for Fleury. Lol **** that. JR could have traded Fleury instead of not going back on his word

Give us Nic Hague.

I still don't get Florida giving up on both Smith and Marchessault.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I called that Francis' firing, I wouldn't mind JR bringing him to the Pens as an ASGM.

Also, jeez, the Hurricanes having people quitting too, lol. That franchise seems like it's going to be messed up for a while.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That Vegas/SJ game was a heck of a game.

As far as entertainment goes the 2 western series are much better then the eastern series.

You would think TB/Boston would be a heck of a series, but something is missing in that series.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That Vegas/SJ game was a heck of a game.

As far as entertainment goes the 2 western series are much better then the eastern series.

You would think TB/Boston would be a heck of a series, but something is missing in that series.

Last game in TB-BOS was pretty good...it’s been better overall than the Caps-Pens, although maybe I’m biased because I don’t think the Pens have been playing all that well...in my view, the Pens comeback chances have come because the Caps have played much more defensively and less aggressive offensively once they had a two goal lead...hope today’s game changes the narrative....

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I called that Francis' firing, I wouldn't mind JR bringing him to the Pens as an ASGM.

Also, jeez, the Hurricanes having people quitting too, lol. That franchise seems like it's going to be messed up for a while.

He’s been head of hockey ops or GM for seven years of no playoffs.

Honesty, why wouldn’t you clean house?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He’s been head of hockey ops or GM for seven years of no playoffs.

Honesty, why wouldn’t you clean house?

I get that, but the Canes have also drafted some pretty decent players under Francis and I think their downfall wasn't him as GM, but some really shitty ownership which I think JR even wanted to book it on.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Boomer (NHL radio) tried to defend all the GMs who gave players away to Vegas. Sorry, Booms. They blew it.

No way. The NHL rigged it up HARD so that VGK would be doing what they are. Made teams expose very useful players.

They might be overachieving, but there's at least 12 players I would take all day any day on my team.

I can't say that about other expansion rosters where they had pure plugs for a few years.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
No way. The NHL rigged it up HARD so that VGK would be doing what they are. Made teams expose very useful players.

They might be overachieving, but there's at least 12 players I would take all day any day on my team.

I can't say that about other expansion rosters where they had pure plugs for a few years.

I think the NHL underestimated the talent level of 2nd/3rd line tweeners in 2018. You compline a full roster of those guys and get gifted talent like their first line/Neal and Schmidt/Theodore and you’re gonna have a good team.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->