NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 III - Rangers fire Alain Vigneault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Weird New Year's Eve game night with many lopsided scores. Guess lots of teams started partying a little early.

I flipped over to NHL Network, and caught some of Road to the Winter Classic. It's interesting seeing NHL players in their everyday lives.

They had some behind the scenes clips of the Sabres when the Bruins beat them 3-0. Housley said to the team in between periods, "We're not going to let this goalie beat us," referring to Khudobin. So good for Khudobin getting the shutout.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reading this warms my heart

The Habs have never been the same since they left the Forum but the reality is they have never recovered from one of the last games played in the historic barn.

Roy of course won the Stanley Cup later that year with Colorado and on his day with the Cup he showed up at the Habs office and startled a receptionist by plunking down the Cup and saying 'Remember me?'

The Habs have to hire him to be GM and see if he can work with Claude.

Stu Cowan: Ticked off — no scoring, few wins, out of playoffs … and boring

SUNRISE, Fla. — The Canadiens are simply a bad hockey team.

That’s the best way to describe this season that is basically over for the Canadiens two games before the midway point of the season with a 16-19-4 record following Saturday night’s 2-0 loss to the Florida Panthers at the BB&T Center.

Not only are they bad — they’re boring.

A fan sitting in the first row behind the Canadiens bench Saturday night got some TV time while wearing a red T-Shirt that read: “GEOFF FIRE BERGEVIN!”

It’s something that has to be crossing owner Geoff Molson’s mind at this point. If it isn’t — it should. Another fan in the stands was Patrick Roy, which should light social media on fire back in Montreal.

Whether Molson decides Bergevin or someone else is the man to turn his team around, it’s probably going to take a long time. As the legendary Red Fisher — who was properly named to the Order of Canada on Friday — might have written when he was still at the Montreal Gazette: the Canadiens are now in Year 26 of their rebuild since the last Stanley Cup.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Shea Stadium had more charm than this dump. (Sorry Lou)

Buffalo is the home team as the Rangers are not allowed to play any home games away from MSG for tax reasons with the City of New York.

IT'S COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

j
26169233_10214017964535891_5492953898809216242_n.jpg

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Leafs’ defense slowly showing its true colors now: 20th overall (goals against / game). With that defense, they will never amount to anything special. Bubble playoffs team at best.
Only Pittsburgh could make magic happen with a below average defense, courtesy of Crosby, Malkin, Kessel.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Leafs’ defense slowly showing its true colors now: 20th overall (goals against / game). With that defense, they will never amount to anything special. Bubble playoffs team at best.
Only Pittsburgh could make magic happen with a below average defense, courtesy of Crosby, Malkin, Kessel.

And they ll have to sign Matthews, Marner & Nylander next year, their top 3 scorers.

Reactions: Chief Nine

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Reading this warms my heart

The Habs have never been the same since they left the Forum but the reality is they have never recovered from one of the last games played in the historic barn.

Roy of course won the Stanley Cup later that year with Colorado and on his day with the Cup he showed up at the Habs office and startled a receptionist by plunking down the Cup and saying 'Remember me?'

The Habs have to hire him to be GM and see if he can work with Claude.

Stu Cowan: Ticked off — no scoring, few wins, out of playoffs … and boring

SUNRISE, Fla. — The Canadiens are simply a bad hockey team.

That’s the best way to describe this season that is basically over for the Canadiens two games before the midway point of the season with a 16-19-4 record following Saturday night’s 2-0 loss to the Florida Panthers at the BB&T Center.

Not only are they bad — they’re boring.

A fan sitting in the first row behind the Canadiens bench Saturday night got some TV time while wearing a red T-Shirt that read: “GEOFF FIRE BERGEVIN!”

It’s something that has to be crossing owner Geoff Molson’s mind at this point. If it isn’t — it should. Another fan in the stands was Patrick Roy, which should light social media on fire back in Montreal.

Whether Molson decides Bergevin or someone else is the man to turn his team around, it’s probably going to take a long time. As the legendary Red Fisher — who was properly named to the Order of Canada on Friday — might have written when he was still at the Montreal Gazette: the Canadiens are now in Year 26 of their rebuild since the last Stanley Cup.

Yah, boring! Same as the Bruins for the past few years. Clodes system is boring. And when the team isn't winning it's even worse. The Bruins are fun to watch. Even if they were losing more, I would still be entertained. I haven't watched any Habs games but they have to be sick of the cycling and perimeter play. Glad things are working out for Montreal.:sarcasm:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Shea Stadium had more charm than this dump. (Sorry Lou)

Buffalo is the home team as the Rangers are not allowed to play any home games away from MSG for tax reasons with the City of New York.

IT'S COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

j
26169233_10214017964535891_5492953898809216242_n.jpg

So you’re doing this game too? You deserve a week (or 3) someplace really warm!

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->