OT: Around the NHL - PLAYOFF TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I know it's only 1 game. But the Toronto Fans are also eerily optimistic about tonight being all about lucky bounces for the Bs and millimeter misses from Toronto taking them to the shed.

I believe I even seen one comment saying the game was closer than the score showed.

I must have watched a different game.

I only saw the highlights (i.e. goals), so I didn't see any good saves that might've been made, but I've never been impressed with Andersen, especially in the playoffs. He just has this way about his style that I don't like at all. Like every game is playing with fire to an extent.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kadri to get a hearing today...

Hope that gutless POS sits at least 2 games

Jesus christ, that's just beyond f***ing stupid.

Doughty got a game for a borderline hit that I think wasn't that bad, this one is BAD. This should be more than 2 games, but watch them only give him 2.

Also, I recognize that twitter poster, that guy is annoying as hell. That same idiot called a boarding call by Kadri which is 100% boarding, not boarding, then he whined about the DM's he was getting about being wrong.

Don't say something stupid and wrong and then get mad that people called you on it and then claim you were getting death threats.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They just did that stupid goalie you suck chant after an empty net goal....

Seriously.
You expect too much from that crowd. One of their "ambassadors" hurt her face, then had the tiniest scar on her face and claimed her face was forever changed and you might not recognize her, lmao.

Let's just be glad they are able to figure out where the puck is and we don't have the glowing puck back because they don't know where it is.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh ok I didn't know the Twitter guy is annoying. :laugh: I just scooped the video clip from the mainboard thread about the hit.

When I used to lurk these boards, the name "Jeffler" was one of the more annoying homer leafs names that I would constantly see. That guy is like the more annoying version of that Steve Dangle kid, but with a minutia of the actual half decent content that Steve Dangle will sometimes surprise you with, on the rare occasion.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've always hated the hypocrisy of the NHL player safety in the playoffs. Suddenly they go very hit or miss all throughout the season and then the moment something borderline happens (Doughty hit), they slam down with a suspension. So let's see what they do with the Kadri one, which is far more blatant and he did it twice in the game, which shows his lack of player safety for his own peers.

That has to be at least 4 games to me. It should be more, but 4 games would send enough of a message that the rest of the league won't attempt any stupid runs at players.

Yeah, that kid plays the victim real well.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Say what?? :huh: :laugh:
Carrie Underwood.

She like tripped or something, got a tiny scar, made a massive deal out of it and saying her face was forever changed. Then months later, shows her face, literally no one can tell what happened, she looks exactly the same.

But she's strong and a hero to.......idiots?

Carrie Underwood Reveals ‘Gruesome’ Facial Injury That Required 40-50 Stitches

She had 40-50 stitches, then below an actress is like, I didn't know she was hurt, which is basically saying "Oh she looks normal, did something actually happen?" lol.

Some people act like they just went through war when really, it was a scratch. I want some funny movement by them like "LETS GO PREDS, DO IT FOR CARRIE".....lol

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pretty sure Kadri will not be suspended. Punishment was already handed out by getting the Major+Game Misconduct in-game.

Watch.

DoPS sucks.

The REAL pointless part of it is...Wingels is a total non-factor, why destroy a filler player?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Pretty sure Kadri will not be suspended. Punishment was already handed out by getting the Major+Game Misconduct in-game.

Watch.

DoPS sucks.

The REAL pointless part of it is...Wingels is a total non-factor, why destroy a filler player?

Truth the way DOPS is ran. Kadri will get no suspension and Anderson will get drawn and quartered in a public execution.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Whoooooaaaa.....did y'all see that one?!?!?!

What a goal by Forsberg.

Yeah, that was crazy, TD. :laugh:

So far, I'm loving these games. Washington choking away game 1, Nashville looking good (Gonna be VGK and NASH for the WCF, I think), and Toronto-Boston losing themselves in a war of attrition.

Is it worth it to watch the NJD/TBL game? I've got a few more hours in the office and nothing's getting done because the head of the department is out sick.

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad