OT: Around the NHL - PLAYOFF TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
My memory could be escaping me if it happened before, but an NHL 1 game playoff would be INSANE. The drama would be incredible. I'd love that.

Yeah, but I wouldn't want it every year in both conferences like in MLB. Enough teams make the playoffs in hockey.

On a completely unrelated note, I just realized the Penguins have employed both players who played a significant role in ending Marc Savard's career. Cooke (the main villain) and the guy who delivered the actual career-ending hit - Matt Hunwick.

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
St. Louis moves into the W2 spot with a win tonight over Chicago. I believe they own the tiebreaker versus Colorado, so Colorado has to win in regulation tomorrow to pass them and make the playoffs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The flyers losing tonight to the dreadful Rags would be like my dog rejecting another treat...won’t happen, but it doesn’t stop people from speculating about this ridiculous tie-breaker scenario....

My guess for tonight is that everyone we could play wins and we end up with CBJ....the Caps and Preds have nothing to play for...

But if CBJ doesn’t want to play the Pens, they control their fate...they could tank the game, in which case we’ll see NDJ....

Just my two cents....

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Caps and Preds as a whole might not have anything to play for but players fighting for a spot or to move up the lines do.

Whoever the goalie is in for the Caps will want to have a good game too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok...so maybe NDJ loses...a Flyers win would push them down to WC2...not sure why’d they prefer that....looks like the Caps are playing their regular lineup...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Ok...so maybe NDJ loses...a Flyers win would push them down to WC2...not sure why’d they prefer that....looks like the Caps are playing their regular lineup...

Maybe they like their odds against TB in the playoffs. If TB wins tonight, they clinch the Atlantic.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe they like their odds against TB in the playoffs. If TB wins tonight, they clinch the Atlantic.

They did play well against TB...but played just as well against the Pens...I think BOS and NJD would be a heck of a series, both with a lot of young players and good defensive structure....

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
At least we don't have to wait too long to see if the Flyers could be our opponent or not. But would have preferred the games being earlier.

My guess is Flyers, Predators and Capitals win. Who would that give us? Flyers?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
At least we don't have to wait too long to see if the Flyers could be our opponent or not. But would have preferred the games being earlier.

My guess is Flyers, Predators and Capitals win. Who would that give us? Flyers?

Yeah.

Philly is the only team that has to win to get in(or they dont control their destiny) so theyll play hard.

CBJ will tank.

The NJ and Caps game will be interesting..cant see either team trying to win. And that could be the first round matchup. But it might depend on if Philly wins or not.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I find it weird that teams are resting their best players and seem more interested in playing Bos/TB or Washington than they do the Pens.

I mean, I get the Pens are back to back champs, but the don't look that great this season. Why would you intentionally tank tonight's game and end up playing Bos/TB or Washington rather than a shaky Pens club? Is our playoff aura that great now?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I find it weird that teams are resting their best players and seem more interested in playing Bos/TB or Washington than they do the Pens.

I mean, I get the Pens are back to back champs, but the don't look that great this season. Why would you intentionally tank tonight's game and end up playing Bos/TB or Washington rather than a shaky Pens club? Is our playoff aura that great now?

Especially knowing Murray isnt a sure thing right now. The first round is when they should want to face the Pens. Because if Murray settles in, and we advance to the 2nd round...this team is even more dangerous.

Dont think these teams are looking ahead tho...they just want to get out of the first round.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Want Philly to lose this game. Makes tonight more interesting. Devils and Jackets would finish ahead of them no matter what. So it will come down to them choosing to face the caps over the Pens.

However if both lose, Jackets are stuck with the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad