Series Talk: Around the NHL - Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Come Isles....I don’t have time for OT tonight...I had a long day and I have to pick up some folks at the HS football game

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Isles the better game in 2 of 3. TB gets their O-zone time but Isles defend too well.

I really hope they win the series.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Tampa has been the better team despite playing without three of their top six forwards. Pretty gutsy effort

Hopefully they score late again :laugh:

Tampa dominated the 3rd period...the Isles didn't have much of sniff...they were back on their heels...McDonagh gave the game away with that bad pass up the middle.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
TB has some fight in them. When they beat Boston a couple of years ago the played like this, as well.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Tampa dominated the 3rd period...the Isles didn't have much of sniff...they were back on their heels...McDonagh gave the game away with that bad pass up the middle.

Unreal to be honest. This series would have been blown out of waters by Tempa otherwise.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Isles the better game in 2 of 3. TB gets their O-zone time but Isles defend too well.

I really hope they win the series.
They have been outchanced 5 on 5 in every game. They haven't defended well at all. Fortunate it's not 3-0.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I'm not really sure how the refs didn't blow the play dead before the Islander's first goal. His pad was like fully flopping around. I've seen them call plays dead for way, way, way less.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can't make it too easy for Tampa if you want Dallas to win the Cup :sarcasm:

In all honesty, I expected the Islanders to luck their way into a win or two against Tampa, but they are getting outclassed by the Lightning as expected.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm not really sure how the refs didn't blow the play dead before the Islander's first goal. His pad was like fully flopping around. I've seen them call plays dead for way, way, way less.
I recall Rask playing with a broken skate blade and play not called. You only stop play for mask coming undone.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I recall Rask playing with a broken skate blade and play not called. You only stop play for mask coming undone.

Blocker/catcher coming off does not stop play either.

However less has resulted in the play being called dead. A goalie can "accidentally" push the net off with his skate to stop play. I have a feeling they are going to start calling that delay of game within the next 5-10 years, regardless of intent.

A pad coming loose or falling off is very dangerous. Not as dangerous as the mask coming off obviously, but if it is really coming off, they should probably call it.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
That was bad as well.

I've seen it happen for a lot of other reasons than just that. He couldn't play his position, and it's dangerous.

Apparently unless it is the mask and the opposing team does not have a scoring chance, it does not matter how dangerous it might be:

When a goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask and his team has control of the puck, the play shall be stopped immediately to allow the goalkeeper the opportunity to regain his helmet and/or face mask. When the opposing team has control of the puck, play shall only be stopped if there is no immediate and impending scoring opportunity. This stoppage of play must be made by the Referee. When play is stopped because the goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask, the ensuing face-off shall take place at one of the defending team’s end zone face-off spots.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
And any time a goalie has a two on one he can just rip his velcro.
I believe most if not all of them are straps, not velcro.. And that would be a weird thing to do on a 2 on 1... Also, this wasn't a 2 on 1 situation. It was a situation where it could have easily been blown dead, and the goaltender was not at fault for it coming off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad