Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Flyers losing 5-2 against Washington in the third. If they lose this it will be 1-4 in their last 5, and that win was in OT.

They’re on the ropes, Monday-Wednesday is a big, big opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Flyers losing 5-2 against Washington in the third. If they lose this it will be 1-4 in their last 5, and that win was in OT.

They’re on the ropes, Monday-Wednesday is a big, big opportunity.
Unfortunately the team we are really chasing Right now is playing buffalo 8,000 more times this year

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Amazing what Quenville is able to do in Florida. We should have balled up and pulled the trigger and hired him. Letting a developmental coach block a proven winner and players' favorite coach is just criminal.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Serious question here will the Sabres win another game this year? Would be nice if they did

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Amazing what Quenville is able to do in Florida. We should have balled up and pulled the trigger and hired him. Letting a developmental coach block a proven winner and players' favorite coach is just criminal.
He was the guy. I'm not worried because Florida is gonna go back to being dogshit next season when they have to play better teams with more regularity over an 82 game schedule. Then Q gets fired. Then OUR Q gets fired. Then we get the money.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
10 losses in a row, 0-8-2.

just fire the coach to prove someone is paying attention. What a mess.

That's the scariest thing. The Pegulas are just watching their fans suffer. Even if it's bad for $ or difficult to fire a coach during covid restrictions, this goes beyond that. It's the faith and trust of an entire NHL fan base withering away every game.

Reactions: bl02

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
He was the guy. I'm not worried because Florida is gonna go back to being dogshit next season when they have to play better teams with more regularity over an 82 game schedule. Then Q gets fired. Then OUR Q gets fired. Then we get the money.

I mean, even if they're over achieving, I would have to believe he's going to be able to ride out a tougher next season and still be a good team.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can’t verify if true but heard from a Real big Sabres fan that out of all the season ticket holders only 900 ticket requests were made for their first game back with fans lol
They won’t even sell out 1800-2000 seats

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
That's the scariest thing. The Pegulas are just watching their fans suffer. Even if it's bad for $ or difficult to fire a coach during covid restrictions, this goes beyond that. It's the faith and trust of an entire NHL fan base withering away every game.
Not one season ticket holder bought a single ticket for this game

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If I was Sabres fan i would be fuming right now. I'm annoyed as a NYR fan that Quinn is still here but whats going on in Buffalo with Kruger is just beyond the pale. The Sabres really are the NY Jets of hockey. I was pulling my hair out about Gase surviving for 2 full seasons. Quinn is more like a Todd Bowles.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Not one season ticket holder bought a single ticket for this game

I think they bought about 1,000. Vogl phrased it weird I think. They declined to purchase ALL tickets, assuming most teams' season ticket holders would most likely buy out the 10% capacity for the 1st game in over a year.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think they bought about 1,000. Vogl phrased it weird I think. They declined to purchase ALL tickets, assuming most teams' season ticket holders would most likely buy out the 10% capacity for the 1st game in over a year.

This is right. It was like 971 got bought up by STH.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Wahlstrom elite sniper
I really don’t want to go here but why not. Farabee was my favorite player in that draft, but Wahlstrom was who I wanted and expected at our pick. I was and am fine with Kravtsov, but boy oh boy does this team need a shooter right now.

It’s really just interesting to watch how things play out. I feel like this management team has made a bunch of correct decisions that quickly turned incorrect (or at least became questionable) after unexpected things happened.

Pass over a sniper (Wahlstrom) to grab a guy with more potential to be a better all around player (Kravtsov), then win the lottery and get a guy who should be even better than that (Kakko) at the same position. Resign Chris Kreider and then win the lottery again and all of a sudden find yourself overloaded at the wings.

If the Rangers knew they would get Kakko and Laf, I think they likely use the Kravtsov pick on the shoot first player, and almost definitely move on from Kreider. If they do either of those things though, maybe they don’t win the lottery? It’s just interesting to see how these decisions play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->