Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
PK Subban does this. He just sucks now so it’s not as obvious.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CI6fuCPBtKH/?igshid=5i4qcm2ug90f

I also felt like Emerson Etem played this way. God that guy was terrible.

Etem killed it for me in NHL 16, I think it was. He'd fly past the defenders on PK and get 2 or 3 SHGs.

But jokes aside, it's an unorthodox (poor) economy of movement. If you could track it, I'd wonder how much extra gas they're burning with the extra movements. Example here--Etem takes his left hand off the stick 3 times, and he moves his feet in these short scrambling strides to get going like he's Scooby Doo.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Etem killed it for me in NHL 16, I think it was. He'd fly past the defenders on PK and get 2 or 3 SHGs.

But jokes aside, it's an unorthodox (poor) economy of movement. If you could track it, I'd wonder how much extra gas they're burning with the extra movements. Example here--Etem takes his left hand off the stick 3 times, and he moves his feet in these short scrambling strides to get going like he's Scooby Doo.

Wait a minute. Trouba has always sucked? Who knew?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

I’m cracking up at this video. I’m like worried Etem’s gonna have a heart attack during it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The NHL expects to be "pretty darn close if not fully at normal" for next season, Commissioner Gary Bettman said Thursday.

"We're hopeful, we're planning, we're optimistic, and we believe that we should be able to start next season on time," the Commissioner said.

NHL expects next season to begin on time, 'fully at normal'

good to hear. Hopefully all protocols are being put in place to have full attendance

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I've thought this for a while about Maurice. Not sure why he's had so much job security in Winnipeg.

Because he's settled in Winnipeg, I think management likes the idea he wants to be there....i dont get it either tho, thought he should have been gone two years ago.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Guaranteed points between SJS and ANA is good for us. Hopefully a 3 pointer.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
McDrai now have a combined 95 points. The same as Buch, Strome, Panarin, Kreider, Mika and Fox combined.

Doesn’t mean anything. They’re beating up on Ottawa and overall Edmonton is a mess, but it’s just a crazy statistic.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
McDrai now have a combined 95 points. The same as Buch, Strome, Panarin, Kreider, Mika and Fox combined.

Doesn’t mean anything. They’re beating up on Ottawa and overall Edmonton is a mess, but it’s just a crazy statistic.
It's really not fair to count this season when its comes to records and point totals. This season needs a asterisk next to every point. I'm totally serious. Its pond hockey in the north. Albeit fun but c'mon.

Last edited:
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
That North division is just a perfect storm for offensive production when certain teams get together because you have the worst defensive team in the league in Ottawa going up against Edmonton and Toronto 19 or 20 times this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad