Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's a great player but people go way overboard with him because its Minnesota and they finally have someone fun to watch. Saw the same thing last year with Fiala, now he's chopped liver lol no one cares about him
What’s funny is that Buchnevich has been just as good as Kaprizov and he’s only like two years older.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Color my confused. He looks like he’s trying hard when trying hard to score and win hockey games? I feel like I’d trade our entire roster for that.
I'll never get over one of the better dmen in the league in Pietrangelo seeing MacKinnon get the puck ~70feet away from him, hearing Pietrangelo say "Oh Boy," and then watching MacKinnon skate full-steam-ahead into the offensive zone and absolutely wire a puck past Fleury.

I mean, c'mon now :laugh:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Raanta is putting on a show tonight against the Avs. An absolute clinic. He has 42-43 saves right now in a 1-1 game late in the 3rd.

Reactions: Cmox

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Something about Kaprizov’s style of play and, Idk, body language on the ice, annoys me. It looks like he tries to make it everything just look cool, or like he’s been misinformed that the NHL awards style points, maybe trying to impress women in the stands, etc.

It’s hard to explain but I legit cringe whenever I see him do anything. :laugh:

To be fair, a lot of the stuff he does is cool, but nonetheless.

tl;dr: seems like a f***in’ try-hard, but not in a Jesper Fast way.

PK Subban does this. He just sucks now so it’s not as obvious.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CI6fuCPBtKH/?igshid=5i4qcm2ug90f

I also felt like Emerson Etem played this way. God that guy was terrible.

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Something about Kaprizov’s style of play and, Idk, body language on the ice, annoys me. It looks like he tries to make it everything just look cool, or like he’s been misinformed that the NHL awards style points, maybe trying to impress women in the stands, etc.

It’s hard to explain but I legit cringe whenever I see him do anything. :laugh:

To be fair, a lot of the stuff he does is cool, but nonetheless.

tl;dr: seems like a f***in’ try-hard, but not in a Jesper Fast way.
I mean, this is supposed to be entertaining right? I feel like that ultimate end goal is lost far too often.

These hyper efficient defensive structures that lead to winning hockey games are f***ing boring. I don’t want an all star game out there but I do want an environment that emphasizes skill and encourages players to “do cool stuff”.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
PK Subban does this. He just sucks now so it’s not as obvious.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CI6fuCPBtKH/?igshid=5i4qcm2ug90f

I also felt like Emerson Etem played this way. God that guy was terrible.

Eschewing the normal dog whistle criticism of Subban (professional sports need more fun and outspoken characters, not less), when you look up 'hot dog', PK's skating should be the first entry. You could watch him patrol a 5ft radius while doing 15 crossovers. In retirement, he's going to make a mint running edge work hockey camps.

Conversely, man did Nik Lidstrom ever put on a clinic. He'd play 30 minutes/night and looked like he could play another 30. Not sure we'll ever see such an efficient player ever again:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Eschewing the normal dog whistle criticism of Subban (professional sports need more fun and outspoken characters, not less), when you look up 'hot dog', PK's skating should be the first entry. You could watch him patrol a 5ft radius while doing 15 crossovers. In retirement, he's going to make a mint running edge work hockey camps.

Conversely, man did Nik Lidstrom ever put on a clinic. He'd play 30 minutes/night and looked like he could play another 30. Not sure we'll ever see such an efficient player ever again:

Oh yeah, PK’s a total hotdogger.

Reactions: Olliemets

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Jinkies

upload_2021-3-11_20-23-3.png

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad