Around The NHL Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
All good here. It was a little nippy this week (46 degrees at sunrise) but having a nice 80 degree afternoon. It has been brutally hot here this summer.

I’m still trying to get that ticket for you but my two ticket people both got whacked. Stay tuned..

Yeah, if you could find that stub, my girlfriend will be super happy.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Salary cap has completely killed the NHL. Quality players are being given away for free left and right because there's just no money to go around. The "best league in the world" is going to have a TON of guys in Europe this season since they'd have to play for pennies in the NHL.
WHAT? You want this to be the NBA, where we know the winner before the season even starts? You can’t use a freak occurrence/event like Covid as an excuse either. That doesn’t count.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Not entirely soft either.

It's a "semi" salary cap, if you will ;)
Ya it’s a weird kind of in between

but the nature of basketball is what tends to lead to predictable champions. Not the league’s system.

I agree with @Draft Guru. I’ve been pounding the table for massive changes to the salary cap for a while. I think the fact that the cap is so suffocating kills player movement, and therefore makes the NHL a lot less exciting.

like a 4 year 4M per contract is just IMMOVABLE in the current system. It’s ridiculous. GMs should t be punished for signing a player and that player becoming shit. There should be more options to open up cap space than expensive buyouts that still take up significant cap. Like, GMs should be able to have SOME sort of leeway.

i know it’ll never happen but i think it would improve the league for the better if they added like, 1 amnesty buyout per offseason, for example.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Ya it’s a weird kind of in between

but the nature of basketball is what tends to lead to predictable champions. Not the league’s system.
It’s both imo. Hockey is the most random of the North American major professional sports AND has the most parity. Basketball is less luck-based than hockey, but their lack of a hard salary cap definitely contributes to them seemingly having little parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad