Around The NHL Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
tb was able to trade callahan before he retired to clear space to sign point...

toronto was able to trade marleau

hawks were able to unload hossa to arizona to clear his cap hit before he became allergic to his pads

arizona took on deadspace for datysuk

a few off the top of my head

Lou invented the cap dump trade by paying San Jose a 1st rounder to take Malakhov (also one of the first post 35 yrs old cap headaches when he disastrously signed both Malakhov and Mogilny after 35)

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Oleksiak is the guy Dallas took because the Rangers took McIlrath before they had a chance. I am sure the thank you card from Dallas management was sent years ago.

Oleksiak was a pretty big disappointment for the most part until maybe these playoffs (honestly haven't been watching a lot but people suddenly seem to like him)

Stars even traded him to Pittsburgh before trading to get him back

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lol Tony tied with Heiskanen for Norris.

One of those deserves to be higher than the other...and it's not Tony.

Edit: lol Jones and Lindell had same points (albeit different vote structure) and they are also better than Tony

Last edited:

Morten

May 24, 2014
The most impressive thing about Draisaitls season is he scored 110 points in 71 games and still somehow managed to be -7, I haven't watched oilers at all really but that must take a special kind of bad player on defense

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The most impressive thing about Draisaitls season is he scored 110 points in 71 games and still somehow managed to be -7, I haven't watched oilers at all really but that must take a special kind of bad player on defense
He's awful defensively, AINEC

Reactions: mike14

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

44 of the 110 points came on the pp which don't count toward +/- on top of not being good defensively

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i still don't understand why the NHL felt the need to hand out the other awards via tweets like they didn't matter instead of just making tonight an hour to give out all the awards...did they have somewhere else to be tonight?

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->