Around the NHL: Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The problem I have with Arizona is they've been rebuilding for years and have no stars. I like Chychrun, but in my opinion he's a solid enough d-man that I think he will be their McDonagh, but not a star or no. 1 guy. Keller is good, lesser Gaudreau. I am a big Keller guy, but he needs help. Schmaltz is a good piece. Not crazy about Fischer. Dvorak is their Stepan, maybe a slightly lesser version of the one we had in NY for years. 50-55 point guy perhaps. Finished the year pointless in his final seven games. I still don't know what Arizona is. The Rangers acquired Yandle in spring of 2015 where Arizona was dumping pieces to rebuild/retool. The NYR contended those years and pulled off a retool to put themselves into contention again.

At the same time, up until this season, they have had a lot of phony contracts on the books and gotten by with a much cheaper roster than anyone else.

I am not the biggest Corsi guy, but I have to call a spade a spade and chalk my self up as someone who likes what Chyaka has done more often than not.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
17C5C9E0-4F0D-4DFF-A702-0F801FE89320.jpeg
Happy Anniversary - June 14th 1994

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The problem I have with Arizona is they've been rebuilding for years and have no stars.
This.

No stars (Ekman-Larson has long ago plateaued), lots of players not playing to their expectations (Keller, Schmaltz, Kessel, Domi, Duclair etc.) and a strict 1-4 defensive system that is boring to watch and tough to master. Tocchet may or may not survive this offseason.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Agreed I don’t see anything special with Arizona. Chayka has given them little identity and direction. I hope they play well in these playoffs and make a little noise but they were a top 3 most disappointing team In the NHL this year. They need their goaltending to be top notch to make any noise in these playoffs

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It’s probably a forgone conclusion that an NHL player will contract the virus while they do this tournament

But the league has to give it the old college try

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
It’s probably a forgone conclusion that an NHL player will contract the virus while they do this tournament

But the league has to give it the old college try

Why are we singling out the NHL when every other league is trying to do the same thing? I posted the information on it last week. Of like the top 12 highest revenue leagues in the world (all sports) the only one to have canceled is the French soccer league.

The league would, and should, try and restart just like every other business is trying to. Other businesses which, for the most part, are made up of a demographic far more susceptible to the virus. And while they may not be in contact sports it's ridiculous to think people who work in manufacturing, stores, and any big facility aren't in close contact with each other.

Reactions: bl02

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The NHL didn't care about concussions. They aren't going to care about a player getting infected with this virus.

The NHL would let a player die if it meant bringing in money.

ridiculous, as if one has anything to do with the other. Concussions don’t shut down an economy like a Virus led Pandemic has while the threat of shutting the league again is far greater than a concussion.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
ridiculous, as if one has anything to do with the other. Concussions don’t shut down an economy like a Virus led Pandemic has while the threat of shutting the league again is far greater than a concussion.

As usual, your ability to misinterpret what is said, is unparalleled. Bravo

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
View attachment 350029 Happy Anniversary - June 14th 1994

Seems like it was just yesterday, at least to me it does that amazing spring/summer of '94. Not just the Rangers winning the Cup but the Knicks also about to win the NBA title up 3-2 over Houston, till choking and gagging the last two games.

Here's the bizarre part. For those of us Ranger fans alive at the time and living and dying with every game, that was incredibly 26 friggen years ago. I sometimes have to smack myself in the head to grasp that fact. If we don't win the Cup this year which is highly unlikely, we will begin next season half way to another 54 year drought. I'm sorry but that boggles the mind. You would have thought by accident we would have won at least one more Cup by now.

But sadly that's the state we are in and it wasn't meant to be. I love where this team is going and I have to believe we will win one Cup during the 2020's maybe even multiple Cups as we should be challenging for a Cup as soon as 2022.

That said, if for god knows the reason, we don't somehow win a Cup or two this decade, I'm convinced we very likely will threaten that infamous 54 years and before you know it opposing fan bases will be chanting "1994...1994...1994"....lol

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Botterill fired in Buffalo. Kevyn Adams named GM. I dont think Adams has any NHL front office experience. Must be fun for Eichel.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Pegulas are probably the worst owners in the league. At least the Senators under Melnyk's ownership make the playoffs sometimes. Sabres have missed the playoffs for 9 straight years (coincides with the Pegulas ownership).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Pegulas are probably the worst owners in the league. At least the Senators under Melnyk's ownership make the playoffs sometimes. Sabres have missed the playoffs for 9 straight years (coincides with the Pegulas ownership).

Sabres under Botherill improved every year. It was a matter of time before they reached the play offs. They're unlucky to be stuck in a division with Tampa, Boston and Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->