Around the NHL: Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
We're playing a team that beat the Capitals, swept the Islanders. The only players on this team who have played post-season hockey in the last 3 years are Panarin, Trouba, McKegg and Haley. We always hear how play off hockey is different. I think it's more likely that we get swept, than the other way around.
Ye of little faith...

Reactions: RGY and McSauer

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

still feel that it would be a huge mistake to do anything with the draft or draft order until a decision on the playoffs is finalized....having the draft before the playoffs end and not allowing player trades will be terrible and boring. but determining the draft order based on 'standings' that could change is just silly.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’m confused. Is the expectation that this play in round will be done by then? And that the losers would be included in the lottery? Or the lottery is only the 7 completely excluded as of Now?

at this rate they will be lucky if training camps are open by then...and then they will probably give teams weeks to get ready. I wouldn't hold my breath on those games being played at that point. thats only a month away.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
It appears they know something about what the draft lottery/order will look like and it's rude not to tell me.

there have been 10,000 rumors reported by the media so far and not a single one of them knew anything about anything so why would you assume that they are going to start now?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
there have been 10,000 rumors reported by the media so far and not a single one of them knew anything about anything so why would you assume that they are going to start now?
They did know something. It just didn't have the support of the teams. We got the memo the GMs got.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

it’s the norm. Everybody had TMZ(itis) with only the lack of photos distinguishing themselves from the paparazzi lol.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My assumption with the draft lottery is that the 7 teams left out will get a shot to win the top pick and then whoever loses in this first round of the playoffs will be ordered by record

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
What's funny is that, in general, the ones who bring up our regular season record against the Hurricanes are the same who bring up the "Play offs are different" excuse every other debate.
You have been on a rant lately Steve. Quite the bad mood regarding the NHL resuming play at all. Now youre attacking Rangers fans that bring up our incredible record against them and claiming this is about some self-centered self-importance. Man, I really like what you bring to the table most of the time but you need to take a step back from the ledge this past week. Hockey coming back is a good thing. And Rangers fans having fun with Carolina being the team to vote no is what makes sports fun and why we need sports back in our lives.

Rangers could very well lose to the Hurricanes. They absolutely can. But Jordan Martinook’s comments of how the Hurricanes feel is garbage. They did not do enough to not be a bubble team. They had an up and down season. They underachieved after how they finished last season. They deserve shit. They were a bubble team and now theyre in the round robin. Shut up and play. Earn it now. Dont bitch.

And anyone who thinks the Rangers record against them is not on their minds with this format then I have a bridge to sell you.

Get the safety protocols in place. Manage this as best as possible. The Bundesliga has been back. La Liga is coming back soon. Lets try and get back to some version of normalcy while also being careful and as safe as possible.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
My assumption with the draft lottery is that the 7 teams left out will get a shot to win the top pick and then whoever loses in this first round of the playoffs will be ordered by record
Sounds like it. Obviously some pissed of teams at the 8-15 slots that will have no chance to move up in the lottery. If we lose in the play in round gotta hope that teams below us like montreal/Chi/minn/Winn advance as far as possible

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
They did know something. It just didn't have the support of the teams. We got the memo the GMs got.

the league doesn't know much of anything because so much about the current situation is completely out of their hands, so how would anyone else know anything. I'm not saying that they are making stuff up, they are reportingly legit options that are being considered based on the circumstances at that moment. we might know what the league hopes happens, but nothing is for sure at this point and it could change again in another week

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
As I scan newspapers across North America this morning, I am surprised how many are saying the one team they don’t want to run up against in the playoffs is the Rangers

i wonder how the break has benefited the Blue Jackets.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It was obvious this playoff was going to get approved, you’d think Carolina would just accept and grumble about it quietly

As opposed to making it public and being subsequently roasted

And imagine thinking that Carolina isn’t a fringe team when they had 81 points and could have easily been out of the playoffs if the rest of the season had played out

I mean give me a break

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad