Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That might just drive the Leafs season off a cliff.

if I’m Carolina, I’m overpaying for Georgiev tomorrow morning.

yeah, well we're in a playoff race with them. If they can't find a goalie and their two guys are out for a while I'm not sure I'm helping them out. The guy they have in Charlotte is a pretty good AHL goalie but....

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Does the emergency backup have to be an amateur? Or could/would Georgiev have been our EBUG tonight, since we're carrying 3 goalies?

Pretty sure it can't be a player under contract. There's a conflict thing. Georgiev could throw the game if he was put in against his own team and who could say a thing about it--if he beat his own team his teammates certainly wouldn't be happy about it either. That puts him in a terrible position.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Does the emergency backup have to be an amateur? Or could/would Georgiev have been our EBUG tonight, since we're carrying 3 goalies?
I was asking too. Seems no one knows.

I watched the third period of the game, and Carolina's announcers explained the process.

Apparently, every team submits a list of guys that they can call on as an emergency goalie. The list cannot include anybody that is already an employee of the team (or else they would of put Alves in net).

I don't know anymore than that, but I would guess that some strong amateur goalies are on a bunch of team's lists.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
@will1066
Carolina Hurricanes have managed to win a hockey game with a Zamboni driver of their opponent's minor league affiliate in the net for more than a period.

So... I MIGHT ACTUALLY THANK YOU. IF THAT LOSS MAKES THEM KEEP UP THIS LEVEL OF EFFORT IT WAS DAMN WORTH FORFEITING THOSE TWO POINTS TO YA.

Let's get in the playoffs together. I AM SURE YOU WON'T MIND GETTING RID OF ISLES, FLYERS OR JACKETS ON THE WAY, RIGHT?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
yeah, well we're in a playoff race with them. If they can't find a goalie and their two guys are out for a while I'm not sure I'm helping them out. The guy they have in Charlotte is a pretty good AHL goalie but....

If Kreider's name, via sources, is being tied to interest from Carolina and we're entertaining these calls then there's no reason they wouldn't be listening if they called on Georgiev too.

The key word in my post was "overpayment". Say what you want, but I don't think we're winning the Cup this year and I don't think Henrik is going anywhere. Assets for Georgiev make sense as I'm sure he's not happy with this situation either.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Gretzky also played in an era where they could bear hug you to the ice. If he played today, all things being equal, he’d probably double up his points.

Let's be honest about that, too. Nobody touched Gretzky, for the most part, as a.) an unwritten rule and b.) Semenko, or later McSorley, would leave you in a puddle of blood if you did.

Unsure what Gretzky's production would be these days - he did play with six other Hall of Fame players on that Edmonton team.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Let's be honest about that, too. Nobody touched Gretzky, for the most part, as a.) an unwritten rule and b.) Semenko, or later McSorley, would leave you in a puddle of blood if you did.

Unsure what Gretzky's production would be these days - he did play with six other Hall of Fame players on that Edmonton team.
Let’s be honest about it. One, they couldn’t catch him before he dished the puck, and two, it’s not even about that, it’s about the 1000 extra pp minutes he would’ve had to operate in. Gretzky is the greatest player to ever play the game, and honestly, I don’t think his points record will ever be challenged.

Leetch94

Oct 3, 2019
By the end of the Leafs PGT thread the theory being entertained is after they scored two quick ones on the Canes goalie the Leafs let up because they didn't want to embarrass the guy LOL.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
By the end of the Leafs PGT thread the theory being entertained is after they scored two quick ones on the Canes goalie the Leafs let up because they didn't want to embarrass the guy LOL.
Lol that doesnt surprise me 1 bit coming from Leaf fans lol

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Let’s be honest about it. One, they couldn’t catch him before he dished the puck, and two, it’s not even about that, it’s about the 1000 extra pp minutes he would’ve had to operate in. Gretzky is the greatest player to ever play the game, and honestly, I don’t think his points record will ever be challenged.

his points are way to high be be caught IMO too. I’ll always refer to Gretzky as the Greatest ever yet I could make a case for Super Mario. Although whenever I read into it I always back off the moment I’m about to anoint Mario the best.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so i'm starting to think that the leafs model of getting a handful of high paid elite players to build around is not the model we should be copying

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
@will1066
Carolina Hurricanes have managed to win a hockey game with a Zamboni driver of their opponent's minor league affiliate in the net for more than a period.

So... I MIGHT ACTUALLY THANK YOU. IF THAT LOSS MAKES THEM KEEP UP THIS LEVEL OF EFFORT IT WAS DAMN WORTH FORFEITING THOSE TWO POINTS TO YA.

Let's get in the playoffs together. I AM SURE YOU WON'T MIND GETTING RID OF ISLES, FLYERS OR JACKETS ON THE WAY, RIGHT?
YOU'RE WELCOME. NEED A GOALIE? I HAPPEN TO HAVE AN EXTRA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->