Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Bruin coach is calling out his players to the press....Pasta etc...very rarely works...he is losing his players...the end is near for him and the big bad bruins

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's going to be spectacular either way. Either the Leafs blow it in a game 7 once again (this would be their 6th? straight G7 loss), OR the Bruins blow a 3-1 series lead two years in a row.

And whoever comes up on top, is likely going to be ousted by Florida in 5 games or less lol.

Bruin coach is calling out his players to the press....Pasta etc...very rarely works...he is losing his players...the end is near for him and the big bad bruins
Bruce Cassidy was also let go because the players soured on him. Maybe Sweeney has to take a hard look at his leading players (Marchand, Pasta and McAvoy) in the off-season (unless they win the G7 and put up a proper fight vs Florida).

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Kings effed around too much passing it and looking for the perfect play until they ran out of time and space.

10 years later, still screw them, especially Doughty.

Knobs walking off lol until he realizes he's gotta shake hands lol
Kings are in no man's land.

I remember 3-4 years ago the Kings and Rangers were neck and neck as far as best prospect pool, many had the Kings #1 and Rangers #2.

Kings don't have much to show for it. Their best players are still the 2012 holdovers Kopitar and Doughty, they have no goaltender, a lot of their prospects either didn't pan out or got traded. Faber is probably the best guy they got and they sent him to Minnesota for Fiala, a talented but one dimensional winger. Vilardi is good but they traded him for the sack of turds that is Dubois + a fat 8 year contract.

Turcotte is a big bust, Byfield is good but who knows how good he'll be and if he will be a winger or center.

They have a bunch of "good" players but no elite ones.

This team should rebuild again, they totally beefed it.

Reactions: will1066

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Hearing a lot of people complain that Carberry didn’t get a Jack Adam’s nod. That team blows. Idc if they fell ass first into a playoff spot with a crap roster. Team blows real bad.

Now Knoblauch, HE got snubbed. Dude literally turned the Oilers from a lottery team to a legit cup favorite. His only crime was being a first year HC which is also why Carberry never stood a chance.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Now Knoblauch, HE got snubbed. Dude literally turned the Oilers from a lottery team to a legit cup favorite. His only crime was being a first year HC which is also why Carberry never stood a chance.
I mean, did he really? The Oilers were in WCF two years ago, and lost last year to the cup champions. They were labelled by many (albeit a lot of the more vocal media is Canadian) as probably the favourites to come out of the West.

Good on Knoblauch, but "turning a lottery team to a cup favourite"? Nah. He simply corrected the course of a cup favourite. And for me, he does deserve an Adams nomination, especially because he's a rookie at the NHL level.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kings are in no man's land.

I remember 3-4 years ago the Kings and Rangers were neck and neck as far as best prospect pool, many had the Kings #1 and Rangers #2.

Kings don't have much to show for it. Their best players are still the 2012 holdovers Kopitar and Doughty, they have no goaltender, a lot of their prospects either didn't pan out or got traded. Faber is probably the best guy they got and they sent him to Minnesota for Fiala, a talented but one dimensional winger. Vilardi is good but they traded him for the sack of turds that is Dubois + a fat 8 year contract.

Turcotte is a big bust, Byfield is good but who knows how good he'll be and if he will be a winger or center.

They have a bunch of "good" players but no elite ones.

This team should rebuild again, they totally beefed it.

It's crazy that the Kings ran into the Oilers three straight playoffs in the first round. In 2022, they looked like a super-dangerous team, pushing Edmonton to 7 games. So yeah, guys like Doughty and Kopitar are 2 years older and they went all-in while those guys are still breathing. I don't know what happened to PLD, but we were also salivating for him at the time. I think Byfield has it figured out. He had like a 30+ point improvement.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
It's crazy that the Kings ran into the Oilers three straight playoffs in the first round. In 2022, they looked like a super-dangerous team, pushing Edmonton to 7 games. So yeah, guys like Doughty and Kopitar are 2 years older and they went all-in while those guys are still breathing. I don't know what happened to PLD, but we were also salivating for him at the time. I think Byfield has it figured out. He had like a 30+ point improvement.

Woah now. I never salivated over, nor would I ever want PLD. You don’t know what happened to him? That’s just him. He’s bad bad. Just one of those players that could have been something. I honestly didn’t get all the hype about him when he went to LA.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Woah now. I never salivated over, nor would I ever want PLD. You don’t know what happened to him? That’s just him. He’s bad bad. Just one of those players that could have been something. I honestly didn’t get all the hype about him when he went to LA.

By the way, I think "Clown Fiesta" is an awesome handle.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The kings 50 center prospects all failing except Byfield and Vilardi (who had to move to wing and will never play a full season) is only rivaled by Ottawa's pending ten year rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad