Around The NHL (Part XLI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
You mentioned Boyle for Ellerby (as did maybe one or two others, I believe). He got traded for a 5th. I don't understand why Glen isn't offering a 4th or a 5th + a cond. 7th or something. Loktionov went for a 5th. Lovejoy went for a 5th. Now Ellerby for a 5th. At least either of the Dmen could have helped our bottom pairing. Not sure why we don't do something like this. These are decent young guys who will get a better chance to play in their new locations and will likely cement themselves as third line/bottom pairing guys, getting moved for extremely cheap. We need to be in on this kind of activity.

he's likely looking for a top 4 rental instead offering a better pick. No rush since its early and Gilroy is not sucking........yet..........still have depth in Eminger and Bickel even though none of us trust them come playoff time

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I feel bad for the caps. They had a great goalie in Varly. An AHL goalie has a good playoff run, and they decide he's a #1. They trade Variy.
Turns out the new goalie isn't that good, but luckily they signed Vokoun to help them. Next playoffs, a another AHLer has a great playoff run, and they decide he's a #1. Turns out he's not bad, he's terrible.

Now they're stuck with 2 AHL goalies :handclap:

Yeah, I can't figure out what McPhee has been doing with the goaltending these past few years.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
So Tampas game vs the Bruins was supposed to start at 1 tomorrow, giving them a little time to rest up before they come to MSG. Now the game has been moved to 7.

Should be an advantage for our guys.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So Tampas game vs the Bruins was supposed to start at 1 tomorrow, giving them a little time to rest up before they come to MSG. Now the game has been moved to 7.

Should be an advantage for our guys.

That sounds like good news for us going to the game on Sunday. If Boston can play a game at 7, then chances are Sunday 730 New York (they're supposed to be hit less) trains will be working. A bit of a leap, but I'm hanging on to any hope.

Punxrocknyc19*

Staubitz injured the rookie Dillion and got a 5 and a game misconduct... looks like a spear

Punxrocknyc19*

Benn powerplay goal 2-0... and this powerplay is 24th in the league...took them about 15 seconds or so

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I feel bad for the caps. They had a great goalie in Varly. An AHL goalie has a good playoff run, and they decide he's a #1. They trade Variy.
Turns out the new goalie isn't that good, but luckily they signed Vokoun to help them. Next playoffs, a another AHLer has a great playoff run, and they decide he's a #1. Turns out he's not bad, he's terrible.

Now they're stuck with 2 AHL goalies :handclap:

Nah screw them.

Punxrocknyc19*

Sharks put D Nick Petrecki , Lightning put F Dana Tyrell on Waivers today

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have no idea why people insist on saying Victor Hedman is a good defenseman. He is horrifying. Myers on the other hand, just needs the right system. I think he'd be fantastic on our team, but his cap hit is pretty high.

Kershaw

I have no idea why people insist on saying Victor Hedman is a good defenseman. He is horrifying. Myers on the other hand, just needs the right system. I think he'd be fantastic on our team, but his cap hit is pretty high.

Really? Hedman has been playing really for for 2 seasons now and has been Tampa's best player this season. All he needed was a stable defense partner and he got that in Sami Salo.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

Hedman is just incredible "meh". Like Adam Larsson is going to be.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I find myself warming up to Kovalchuk more and more.

By warming up, I hope you mean burn with the fire of hatred when you see him do well with the Devs.

He's a player I could really enjoy (and did, when he played for ATL) if he wasn't on the ****ing Devs. Same with Elias, who's probably one of the most underrated players of this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad