Around The NHL: Part X – DAL-STL / COL-SJ / CBJ-BOS / CAR-NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
wuXtpy2.png

Previous thread: Around The NHL: Part IX - Blues: Mission Accomplished, Dallas: TBD

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Kadri suspension really hit the Leafs hard. He's a good player and he carries their third line. No depth without him.

That said, he's useless not on the ice, and I think the Leafs need to consider moving on and getting depth that's going to be reliable when you need them.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
What just happened? I’ve never seen 4goals on a 5 min major.
Let alone in a game 7
Let alone when the team is down 3-0 with 10 mins left in their season
Let alone when their captain was just spilling blood unconscious on the ice
Insane.

But Vegas got jobbed. That was no 5 min major

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
That was a bad call on Eakin but how do you give up 4 power play goals in a game 7 like that? Plus Vegas blew a 3-1 series lead. If Jones wasn't so bad earlier in the series SJ might have won this one even earlier.

But man did some of the Sharks take a beating in this series, especially Pavelski.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
LOL @ the Spoiler tag even though the matchups are right in the thread title
Lirl it's actually because I stickied the 1st post and didn't want people to be bombarded with a large graphic every time they open the thread. But as I always say: the more confusion, the better.

Reactions: n8

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Leafs needed to put on their big boy pants for this game; instead, they showed up in diapers. Each goal they gave up was absolutely horrendous. The East was wide open after Tampa's elimination, and they have Marner's next contract to deal with this summer. Huge opportunity blown, just an utter failure all around.

Last edited:

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Just watched replay...4 goals on a 5 minute power play WOW Hockey is the best sport in the world. Was that a legit 5 minute major?

Reactions: Devonator

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My 2 cents on the Cody Eakin major penalty:

Unless you can prove intent to injure (Which you can't in this case), a 5 minute major for what Eakin did is BS.

The outcome (injury) shouldn't affect the decision. That's bush league. But hey, this is the same sport where you get a double minor if there's blood. You can literally high stick an opponent and break his jaw with just a 2 minute minor penalty as the result, and then tap someone on the lip with a high stick which causes it to bleed and be assessed a double minor. It's ridiculous

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Just watched - that's a 2 for crosschecking at most and even that's questionable. Sharks rallied around him getting hurt but Vegas got robbed. Terrible call based on the end result but there really wasn't much there.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m glad Sharks won and I had them in 7, because I felt Vegas overachieved in last season playoffs, and I believe I had Boston in 7 and Dallas in 7 - and I just need Carolina to win this evening. ;)
I missed on Tampa in 5 though. :(

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Listen bad calls happen every night and they happen to both teams. You cannot give up 4 power play goals in 5 mins in a game 7 on the road up 3-0 when you’ve already Blown a 3-1 series lead and blame the refs for the loss. That is flat out embarrassing. What a horrific display by Vegas. Not one of them should even mention the refs.

And why eakin is even putting himself in that position is dumb. The knights played dumb all night and it finally caught up to them. 3-0 lead Just melt the clock and keep the game quiet.

But blaming the refs is childish here. They embarrassed themselves all by themselves

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
But Vegas got jobbed. That was no 5 min major

Bazillion per bazillion !!! I mean pathetic. I'm just starting to watch this "epic comeback" ... so it came off the back of that bs call?!

I was hyped when I saw that the Sharks actually won the game, now I saw that 5 minute major ... wow ... 2 minutes cross-checking, that's the only call there.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->