Around The NHL: Part VIII - Tampa/NYR = 0 Playoff Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dallas at 28.

If we can get them and Vegas to the next round, and then Dallas to the conf. finals, we’re looking at having 2,20,28, 37 and 58 to work with.
That is beyond sick draft capital. How can we not give props to JG if this is the way to build a Winner in 2019 and beyond ?!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Some things seem to be falling into place pretty well. If Dallas gets past Nashville and the Stars are looking like the better team and beat the Blues in the next round--then the Zuccarello pick becomes a 1st rounder--albeit a late 1st rounder and if Vegas beats the Sharks then the Jets first round that we own goes two spots higher and if Columbus can make it to the conference finals that's another spot higher.

With a bit of luck we could be sitting at 2, 19-20 (Winnipeg), 28-31 (Dallas), 37, 58 (Tampa) and 68. If we did get Arizona or Edmonton to bite on Kreider we have other pieces to move up again on the 19. Kreider + the Dallas 1st (if we land that) or Kreider + the 37 as a bit of a sweetener might do it.

There’s a lot of moving pieces, and a lot is still unknown, but there’s definitely the potential for a path to emerge.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Really? I think most expected the Jets to win this series.

I don't think its an epic letdown like Tampa. But it isn't small either.

I don't think most expected that. The Jets have been a disaster defensively for a couple of months and St Louis has been playing like one of the best teams in the league in that time frame.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I found it funny that Hayes linemates were worse in Winnipeg than in NY

dude went from playing with Zucc and Kreider to Perrault and Roslovic

Hayes in WPG went exactly as I expected. He dropped from 19:27 a game in NY to 14:31. Actually still put up 15 pts in 26 games despite that. They are a team that gives the cast majority of heir ice time to the top line and gives the PP1 almost all the ice time so it's very hard for anyone not in that role to get big minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad