Around The NHL: Part IX - Blues: Mission Accomplished, Dallas: TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't think most expected that. The Jets have been a disaster defensively for a couple of months and St Louis has been playing like one of the best teams in the league in that time frame.
Actually, you're right. I went back and looked at the HF poll. STL was up by a good bit. It is interesting though. I've been listening to NHL Talk on Sirius each morning and each night on my way home from work. Most of the pundits on there picked STL. I guess that may have been what I was thinking of.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Winnipeg should definitely fire Maurice.

Dude’s been there forever, and they looked like total dogshit at times. IMO their roster is way better than the results have shown. Are they gonna trade Laine or Trouba or Connor? Because they should probably make some sort of aggressive move, they have the talent to win it all, yet this is the result.

I will say that they did get a bit unlucky having to play St. Louis who’s been playing like the best team in the West (I think they make the finals), but it’s not a great excuse. IMO Winnipeg has more talent, they’ve just underperformed massively.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Dude’s been there forever, and they looked like total dog**** at times. IMO their roster is way better than the results have shown. Are they gonna trade Laine or Trouba or Connor? Because they should probably make some sort of aggressive move, they have the talent to win it all, yet this is the result.

I will say that they did get a bit unlucky having to play St. Louis who’s been playing like the best team in the West (I think they make the finals), but it’s not a great excuse. IMO Winnipeg has more talent, they’ve just underperformed massively.
They could trade Laine for a guy who isn't a 4th liner when he's not scoring.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

Dude’s been there forever, and they looked like total dog**** at times. IMO their roster is way better than the results have shown. Are they gonna trade Laine or Trouba or Connor? Because they should probably make some sort of aggressive move, they have the talent to win it all, yet this is the result.

I think Trouba would be the most likely of those 3.

Reactions: TheTakedown

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
with WPG's loss in the first round, what pick does that give us?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
tnBANkQ.jpg

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I’m telling you, the stars don’t align like this often for the Rangers. Sure, it’s not perfect (Tampa, Dallas tbd), but it’s better than it pretty much ever goes.

It pains me to say it, but the Islanders are winning the cup. We can’t have nice things.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’m telling you, the stars don’t align like this often for the Rangers. Sure, it’s not perfect (Tampa, Dallas tbd), but it’s better than it pretty much ever goes.

It pains me to say it, but the Islanders are winning the cup. We can’t have nice things.

Yup. It will be our punishment for being too happy with the offseason. Even though we kind of got punished with NJD getting the #1 pick , the fact that most of our fanbase was cool with it means the Hockey Gods aren't satisfied. The Islanders will win the cup. Bet your house on it.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Yup. It will be our punishment for being too happy with the offseason. Even though we kind of got punished with NJD getting the #1 pick , the fact that most of our fanbase was cool with it means the Hockey Gods aren't satisfied. The Islanders will win the cup. Bet your house on it.

It’s fate.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Looking very good for Dallas and Vegas to move on. Pick 19 or 20 unreal luck. This playoff season has been crazy

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Backstrom is such a clutch player. The type of player I hope for. Good-Great in the regular season... Elite in the post-season.

Reactions: Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->