NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Better upside as a goal scorer. More physical and involved in the game, already showing leadership qualities. Heinen may be very useful and versatile and may put up comparable point totals but I believe DeBrusk will always a more sought after player and better paid.

If they continue to progress say DeBrusk puts up 30-25-55 and Heinen 20-35-55, unless going to arbitration I believe Debrusk would be deemed a more valuable player based on style of play and goal scoring.

For good or bad I see Heinen becoming a more versatile Loui Eriksson.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Better upside as a goal scorer. More physical and involved in the game, already showing leadership qualities. Heinen may be very useful and versatile and may put up comparable point totals but I believe DeBrusk will always a more sought after player and better paid.

If they continue to progress say DeBrusk puts up 30-25-55 and Heinen 20-35-55, unless going to arbitration I believe Debrusk would be deemed a more valuable player based on style of play and goal scoring.

Its just 1 season to go off. There production is pretty much identical Heinen had 4 more points in 7 more games. Why not just be happy to have 2 guys in the top 12 of rookie scoring. If Heinen can develop into a first line center (47 points as a rookie is a good start) he'd be the guy to get paid more.

It kind of makes up for passing on THREE of the top 5 rookie scoring leaders with THREE friggen picks:eek:. We could have all 3 of Boeser, Connor, and Barzal.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Its just 1 season to go off. There production is pretty much identical Heinen had 4 more points in 7 more games. Why not just be happy to have 2 guys in the top 12 of rookie scoring. If Heinen can develop into a first line center (47 points as a rookie is a good start) he'd be the guy to get paid more.

It kind of makes up for passing on THREE of the top 5 rookie scoring leaders with THREE friggen picks:eek:. We could have all 3 of Boeser, Connor, and Barzal.
It's always easy looking back isn't it? Both DeBrusk and Zboril were ranked (by NHL Central Scouting) ahead of Boeser, and Barzal, Connor and Zboril were all interchangeable at 11/12/13. You want to complain about the Bruins going "off the board" to pick Senyshyn, that's fine. But complaining they didn't take Boeser is dumb, since he would have been almost as big a reach as Senyshyn.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

You kinda missed the point. I was just asking why DeBrusk was worth $3.3m for a bridge deal comparable to Mantha’s and Heinen wasn’t.

As far as your post, a lot of it is subjective. DeBrusk appears to be more enthusiastic than Heinen, but we have no idea how they are viewed in the room. Being “more physical” and “involved in the game” (I am not even sure WTF this means?) does not necessarily make one a leader or more valuable.

I will be ecstatic if Heinen and DeBrusk put up those totals you posted above, but got news for you. If they do, $3.3m is not going to get it done with either one of them.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I never said Vesey was “cooked”, he’s a decent player. I just think that people overrated him. His biggest years came in his junior and senior seasons, when he was more mature. This wasn’t like Kyle Connor who put up huge numbers as a freshman at Michigan.

I highly doubt Heinen signs for what Vesey did, given some of the contracts given this summer. My guess is that the B’s will try to get him (and possibly DeBrusk) to sign two year bridge deals similar to what Mantha just signed in DET ($3.3m).
I would trade Heinen for Vesey tomorrow but I'm sure you think Heinen is worth Kreider?

How about Heinen for Vesey and lindgren?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Yeah but we got Senyshyn, so, Senyshyn.
I wasn't condemning Heinen I just think a player in the DeBrusk mode is more valuable, to me at least and probably by some GM's, than a Heinen. I hope both hit close to the totals I used as examples. I don't see Heinen as a top line center however, I'm not sure I see him as a center at all.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would trade Heinen for Vesey tomorrow but I'm sure you think Heinen is worth Kreider?

Why trade for similar players? If you are going to move Heinen move him for a need, a veteran top 6 RW or a good two way third line center. Vesey is not any type of answer here, he hasn't shown a great deal in New York to me, he didn't help himself with his mini Lebron decision lottery either. If you can do a deal with Heinen plus for Kreider that I would do immediately

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I wouldn’t but hockey’s my third sport

An aside

If Life success is predicted on balance and being centered the Leafs are screwed on the balance part and hope being centered refers to Matty, JT, and Nazy-Pooh down the middle

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Are you nuts? Heinen almost doubled Vesey's scoring last year and he's more than two years younger

Vesey just turned 25 and he has never produced 30 points in a season... I don't know... I guess mike Knuble was 25 before he topped 30 points... was 30 before he broke 50 points...

but how many mike knubles have their been in nhl history???

not a chance in hell we would deal Heinen for Vesey though... not 1-on-1... not even ballpark... some fan might, but that's why fans aren't paid 6 figure salaries to make nhl hockey decesions. the real guys in charge will stay the hell away from this.

I bet if it was gortons money he was giving out and not new York money.... he wouldn't be paying this stiff 2+ million too. if Vesey wants to shut me up he should go out and put up 50-55 points this year. but I think I will still be flapping my gums in 2 years and calling this guy a bust

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Both suggestions are terrible for Boston. Heinen/Vesey swap, specifically, isn’t as bad as your main board gem “Pastrnak for UFA-To-Be Tavares” but it’s just awful. What’s with bruins fans constantly making trade suggestions that do nothing but strengthen the opposing team?

I want to know what your reasoning is behind thinking such a terrible trade like this would be good for Boston but I don’t expect much. Do you make these suggestions to get a rise out of people?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Both suggestions are absolutely terrible for Boston. Heinen/Vesey swap, specifically, isn’t as bad as your main board gem “Pastrnak for UFA-To-Be Tavares” but it’s just awful.

I want to know what your reasoning is behind thinking such a terrible trade like this would be good for Boston but I don’t expect much. Do you make these suggestions to get a rise out of people?

my guess is the reason is to build up the total number of posts on Hf:sarcasm::laugh:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I love how so many here get their bowels in an uproar when a foolish trade is proposed. I've been guilty of it too but then I remind myself that DS knows best and 99.999% it will never, EVER happen.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I love how so many here get their bowels in an uproar when a foolish trade is proposed. I've been guilty of it too but then I remind myself that DS knows best and 99.999% will never, EVER happen.

I just want to know the thought process that goes into these terrible trade proposals haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad