Around the NHL - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i would love me some jake trouba on this team. one of the few guys i really felt we should go get.

always felt he would have fit in here perfect once mcd27 was shipped out.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I love Trouba, but he has been too banged up for my liking.

He's put together more than 70 games in a season once in his career.

Reactions: Edge

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I love Trouba, but he has been too banged up for my liking.

He's put together more than 70 games in a season once in his career.

Admittedly, I'm probably not as in love with Trouba as some, but I like him.

But durability is a major concern for me, as well as how said durability will translate as he gets older and the mileage adds up.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Admittedly, I'm probably not as in love with Trouba as some, but I like him.

But durability is a major concern for me, as well as how said durability will translate as he gets older and the mileage adds up.

I’m mostly biased as a Michigan alum that got to see him every day.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ray Emery smiling when Peters came over and grabbed him is something I don't think I'll ever forget. The guy had his off-ice issues, but that is a horrible fate for anyone and far, far too young.

RIP

I know it was totally wrong but him basically attacking Holtby during a line brawl was so ridiculous it was hilarious. I still remember getting the text from my friend at the game that the Philly media awarded him the game's third star. Guy was a troubled soul and I just hope he is finally at peace.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah I'm interested to see how Barzal performs. He's a great player, but I want to see him replicate his production now that he's "the guy" there. He'll obviously get more minutes and opportunities, but he'll definitely be facing tougher match-ups. Should be interesting so see how it works.
He was getting plenty of hard matchups (particularly in the second half of the season) and he only kept getting better. The only thing that might effect him is the off ice pressure because he's basically the face of the franchise and after games he's the guy all the reporters are going to flock to. And I'll also note that Lee and Bailey were not products of pajama boy, in fact for large stretches of the season both of them were doing more to drive the line than PJB.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A shame that a player like Wilson gets rewarded for predatory hitting. Yuck.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That is an ugly contract for someone that never put up more than 35pts.
And he’ll be getting suspended left and right since the league finally cottoned on to him in the pens series. He’ll have to stop headshotting or be gone. Either way he’ll be less effective going no forward.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I like the explanation that he draws a lot of penalties. He did indeed draw the most penalties in the league last season. Unfortunately, he also took the most. Far more than he drew.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad