Around the NHL - Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yeah I'm interested to see how Barzal performs. He's a great player, but I want to see him replicate his production now that he's "the guy" there. He'll obviously get more minutes and opportunities, but he'll definitely be facing tougher match-ups. Should be interesting so see how it works.

I think he'll be fine. It's Bailey and Lee I'd expect to tank.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I think he'll be fine. It's Bailey and Lee I'd expect to tank.
I think the opposite...he's about to get the toughest minutes and it's not like they've got much behind him to give him a break. 1 line team with a 2nd year center...kinda rough.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I have a strange feeling Marcus Kruger is going to other way

You are right. It's on front page of tsn now.

The Chicago Blackhawks have traded Marian Hossa's contract, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-round pick to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Marcus Kurger, Mackenzie Entwhistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-round pick.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Man Chicago's depth looks paper thin already, isnt Hinostroza penciled in for their top 6? Not that hes anything special, but who are they going to ice?
Either their GM has completely lost it or they know the world is ending in like 2 years. They have no future set up at all and aren’t even very good right now

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So Fleury is 33 years old right now, signed for 4 more years. (1) year @ $5.75m, (3) after that @ $7m.

Hank is 36 years old right now, signed for 3 more years. Each year @ $8.5m.

I know we all love Hank and over his career he has been far better and far more consistent. In saying that, which contract would you choose?

Reactions: TheTakedown

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Strange that they would give him that long of an extension when he is already signed for another year.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
So Fleury is 33 years old right now, signed for 4 more years. (1) year @ $5.75m, (3) after that @ $7m.

I know we all love Hank and over his career he has been far better and far more consistent. In saying that, which contract would you choose?

Who cares? Hank's contract hasn't hurt us. And by the time we're ready to compete, Hank's contract will be over.

Reactions: Leetch3

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Gross it up for NY state taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad