Around the NHL: Offseason Edition Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I could see Ottawa or Detroit jumping on Ho-Sang. But as a righty shot, he'd be an intriguing add for Buffalo - particularly if Krueger is the leader of men he's made out to be.
Unfortunately our organization doesn't take advantage of other team's mistakes and stupid decisions, we let other teams take advantage of our mistakes and stupid decisions. Our organization lacks highly skilled forwards the way Dracula lacks a suntan, this is just about the most obvious no risk/high reward move any team could possibly make.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I could see Ottawa or Detroit jumping on Ho-Sang. But as a righty shot, he'd be an intriguing add for Buffalo - particularly if Krueger is the leader of men he's made out to be.

Someone will claim him for sure. Not sure I want it to be Buffalo - guy has been a headcase since juniors, which is a shame because he has the talent.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Someone will claim him for sure. Not sure I want it to be Buffalo - guy has been a headcase since juniors, which is a shame because he has the talent.
Half the players in every other major sport are headcases but somehow they all have miraculously survived.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Perhaps. But if it doesn't work out, you waive him and you haven't really lost anything in the meantime. I'd give him a look. (I like Baertschi, too, but he presents cap issues.)

Reactions: Dingo44

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
even disregarding Ho-Sangs baggage, the guy isnt a very good hockey player. His IQ is low and he's ATROCIOUS defensively, if he isnt flying around offensively, he isn't contributing anywhere else.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Our LW:
Skinner
Olofsson
Vesey/Sheary
Zemgus

Our RW:
Reinhart
Sobotka
Okposo
ERod

I would take a chance on Ho-Sang, especially since it will not cost anything.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
His development took a big step forward last year.
The 'conundrum' of Josh Ho-Sang: What those who have coached...

Ho-Sang had his best AHL season statistically last year at 8-35-43 in 56 games. According to (Bridgeport Coach) Brent Thompson, it was also Ho-Sang’s best season as far as his overall game. He was executing things the coach preaches — play away from the puck, defensive positioning — that aren’t nearly as sexy as making highlight-reel plays.

Quotes from Brent Thompson about Ho-Sang last season:

“He is a great kid. He wants to be great. Where the difference was maybe was that he thought scoring goals was the only thing. Now he may be realizing that you can win a game 2-1 and have a couple assists, but it was that great defensive play, that play on the wall to chip it out at the right time that are just as big. I think you saw it in his point totals.

He was a big part of our group, making the run we did to get into the playoffs. Our offensive production increased and he was a big part of that. How consistent he was at the end of the year, hopefully that will carry over and he can fight for an NHL job. He still has to continue to work on his 200-foot game, making the right decisions. If he comes into camp and works extremely hard, listens to Coach Trotz, puts his nose to the grindstone, he will be battling for a spot. His skills are undeniable. That’s one of the things, it’s amazing to watch him. He can take a game over and it’s fun to watch. With everything else it’s, are you in the right place defensively? Are you going to track? And he did. Last year he did an excellent job improving from the start to the end. He was reliable. We were putting him out in key situations.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad