OT: Around the NHL: non-Pens playoff talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sure but we live in the now. And the now says the Isles are giving up way too many chances to hold us off, game after game.

The playoffs were supposed to be their defensive calling card right? Trotz's domain, right? They can't seem to do it.

If the Isles win this series it'll be because of shit like today, not because they can lock us down. Our finishing isn't gonna matter much if there's frequent giveaways like what Matheson did in OT.

every game is different...we’ll see...but to expect no giveaways or other D mistakes is not realistic...it’s going to happen...hell, there’s a million by both Florida teams in this one lol

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If the NHL moved the Sabres to Quebec and the Coyotes to Houston, I feel like the divisions would fall into place really nicely with some awesome divisions. You could even have an entirely Canadian division with doing that.
Too big geographically and too many time zones for an all Canadian division.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Too big geographically and too many time zones for an all Canadian division.

I agree but apparently the Canadian teams like the all Canadian division. I wouldn't want to miss out on a Seattle-Vancouver matchup to keep it together, but I'm not exactly in a position to say those Canadian teams are wrong.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
If the NHL moved the Sabres to Quebec and the Coyotes to Houston, I feel like the divisions would fall into place really nicely with some awesome divisions. You could even have an entirely Canadian division with doing that.
You can’t move the Sabres to QC, Buffalo bleeds hockey. Their TV ratings are insane even tho their team sucks.

Reactions: TNT87

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
every game is different...we’ll see...but to expect no giveaways or other D mistakes is not realistic...it’s going to happen...hell, there’s a million by both Florida teams in this one lol
Yes, of course. Occasionally it's gonna happen. But the frequency of high danger chances against today was way too high.

Even if we get past NYI, a more talented offensive team will end our season if we play like this. Marchand would have a field day.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If Florida would calm down a little and stop taking the unnecessary penalties this wouldn’t be close.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still find it hilarious that the Panthers are paying Bobrovsky $10 million to be their 3rd best goalie.

Driedger-Knight would be an awesome tandem for a long time, but they decided to pay Bobrovsky a ton even after drafting Knight high.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, of course. Occasionally it's gonna happen. But the frequency of high danger chances against today was way too high.

Even if we get past NYI, a more talented offensive team will end our season if we play like this. Marchand would have a field day.

I didn’t think the HD chances were the problem...Jarry did well on those and we had a few TOs but it wasn’t the biggest issue ever...outside of Jarry, I thought the biggest issue was that we were skating the first two periods and prevented the Isles from settling in on their forecheck...the third period and OT we let them establish their forecheck (fatigue, confidence, etc?) and they won the board battles and kept us from establishing our O game and we never really threatened outside of that one shift after the Isles goal where Carter and Kap caught their third D pair napping...that’s what I saw...outside of Jarry, Pens let the Isles establish their game after the second

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->