Around the NHL (NHL Tonight is an Abomination)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
If I understand it right, this is about insurance for the team on the value of the contract. If the player can't perform, the team can make a claim for insurance payments to offset the cost of paying the player to sit. Retirement dissolves the contract, so it would also eliminate the need for insurance, and the insurance policy itself.

I don't think NHL contracts are guaranteed at all, unlike some of the other leagues, so a player who retires forfeits everything.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The interesting years will prolly be the last two when he only would make $575k per year. The question is if he want to postpone his HoF induction by another two years then.

I don't really think his nomination is playing a big part of this.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I imagine more suspensions coming from tonight's Blues/Sharks game, it's turning ugly very, very fast. Dan Boyle stretchered off after dirty hit from Lapierre, and Brent Burns with an equally bad hit on Morrow. Really getting out of hand.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I love DownGoes Brown...
Phil Kessel decision-making flow chart: pic.twitter.com/uc4B5FgwWm
BWqhX-zCQAAsiWa.jpg

member 51464

I hope that the Flyers get the 1st overall pick, and then have to forfeit it due to Pronger shenanigans.

Wouldn't that be the greatest possible outcome ever? Especially if coupled with a Penguins division title and Stanley Cup win ;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Boy, the constant puck and player movement on the San Jose PP looked sweet again, even against a PK like STL. Amazing what happens when structure complements talent. :laugh:

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
They signed Pronger to a 35+ contract knowing something like this could potentially happen. They've now publicly admitted that he's never going to play again, so putting him on LTIR is an utter farce. So how is this not Cap Circumvention?

Actually Holmgren did not know that it would be a 35+ contract until he was being told by reporters. :laugh: A year or two later he signed Talbot to a cap-violating contract which the league rejected. With how much money the Flyers have it's even more embarrassing how inept their entire front office seems to be.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
And never get old. ;)

I would not get too happy.

We play them next game, it would be just like the Pens to lose big to the Flyers when they have only won one other game all year, and get their faces pushed into the ice to boot.

I will reserve my happiness until this game is in the books, hopefully in a positive way.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

We play them next game, it would be just like the Pens to lose big to the Flyers when they have only won one other game all year, and get their faces pushed into the ice to boot.

I will reserve my happiness until this game is in the books, hopefully in a positive way.

Oh, I do know that. :rant:

Wanna bet if we can identify the defensive structure after the game? And, stretch pass or bust or back to that silly multi faceted breakout the Pens used before going to Florida?

I will be interested in seeing how Maatta looks at that zoo, provided Bylsma doesn't ice him to have the 'toughness' of Borts AND Engo.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So help me God if Engelland plays again.

Go back to the the first 3 games system, Bylsma, you can do it. Admit you're way was wrong and that the new way is better. Getting bailed out by talent doesn't mean it's okay.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

True, anything could happen especially down there where they always play well against us but we have yet to break out as well, wouldn't it be a perfect time to slap a team and none other then the Flyers in their barn :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->