Around the NHL (NHL Tonight is an Abomination)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Apparently all the Caps need is, "some puck luck," and their goalie is, "due for a breakout game." They'll crush the Oilers if that happens, and then the league!

I'm calling a low scoring game because it will be funny.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Sweet Jesus, the west is 27-6-3 against east so far this year. Hard to come up with any explanation other than western teams are superior to eastern, in general and so far.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Sweet Jesus, the west is 27-6-3 against east so far this year. Hard to come up with any explanation other than western teams are superior to eastern, in general and so far.

Look at the teams that have been playing though. I don't think Boston or Pittsburgh have played any Western Conference teams.

Although it's obvious that the West is better as behind the above the rest is a complete mind-boggle as to who will get to the play-offs.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I know we'd likely never trade with the Caps, but we could actually make decent partners. They obviously could use an upgrade on D and any of Laich, Chimera or Ward would really improve our forward group.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Cooke just registered his 6th point early in his 6th game (currently leads the Wild in that category). Very nice to see, wish we could have held on to him.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Cooke just registered his 6th point early in his 6th game (currently leads the Wild in that category). Very nice to see, wish we could have held on to him.

I was just about to post this. Of all our free agents, he was actually the one I wanted to keep the most. I think we'd have been better off keeping him and letting go of Dupuis. Our top six would be better without KCD, our third line would have more grit, and we'd actually have some cap space for injury call-ups.

Oh well.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I was genuinely upset about losing Cooke, it's nice to see that he's doing well. Even if it sucks. With Bylsma being Bylsma keeping Cooke over Dupuis would have been great.

NPbQxpP.gif

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I was genuinely upset about losing Cooke, it's nice to see that he's doing well. Even if it sucks. With Bylsma being Bylsma keeping Cooke over Dupuis would have been great.

NPbQxpP.gif

That's why Mike Green doesn't normally play defense.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm more wondering how our team would have been with Parise. And what the roster would look like.

Tocchet put it best when asked about the possibility of those two on a line. Two Tasmanian devils.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Oilers give up 3 goals on 8 shots. And only one of them was partially on Labarbera. I hope they keep that up tomorrow.

EDIT: I mean 4 on 10. Geez.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Why don't teams just have someone follow OV around all game? They just let him stand between the circles an wait for a onetimer.

It's easy to get lost in coverage when you're allowed to float around like that. NB and MJ are the puck carriers most of the time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
3 ways to beat the caps:

1 stay out of the box

2 stay out of the box

3 stay out of the box

I wonder if our PP would look like a PP instead of a fire break without any other discernible structure against Edmonton.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Oilers give up 3 goals on 8 shots. And only one of them was partially on Labarbera. I hope they keep that up tomorrow.

Maybe we can convince the Oilers Engo can play in the nets better than their current tandem and up his trade value.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I think we play their other goalie, the one who had the worse save percentage before this game...

Clearly they need a Niskanen this season and possibly a Fleury next season. Maybe even Orpik.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I wonder if our PP would look like a PP instead of a fire break without any other discernible structure against Edmonton.

We currently have the number two PP in the league at 35.7% without 2/5 of our first unit.

Our PP is fine.

I think we play their other goalie, the one who had the worse save percentage before this game...

Clearly they need a Niskanen this season and possibly a Fleury next season. Maybe even Orpik.

They basically need everything.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010

Had to look that up but it is actually true. Dubnyk is just below .830% after four games. That is something.

The good news is that they have clearly identified and eliminated their problem by scratching Yakupov. So they've got that one going for them, which is nice.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
They really, really need defense and a goalie. God knows they've drafted enough forwards.

This is all true, but they've still only managed to score once against one of the worst defenses in the league.

But they should totally keep scratching their leading goal scorer from last year. That will definitely help them win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad