NHL Around the NHL IX - Islanders En Fuego

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What AM wrote was a joke. The sentence shouldn’t be taken seriously.

I take nothing serious on HFboards, believe me.:laugh: Well almost nothing ;)

And if he says he was I take his word for it, because its really no big deal, one way or the other too me, but he probably should of used the:sarcasm: just to keep everyone honest.

I myself was responding to the fact that Sweeney did fleece Fenton before his departure, by making a great acquisition that helped to get the Bruins one win from a Stanley Cup. I wasn't really referring to his opinion or his joke, but defending Sweeney Brilliance at last years deadline.

There was also talk about Backes going to Minnesota this off season in a deal that would of brought Zucker back to Boston, so there actually could of been something on the table, where some quite possibly could have been dissing Sweeney for not pulling off the deal. One just never knows here on Hf :laugh:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
He sounds like such a nice guy, doesn't he?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/td-garden-releases-statement-regarding-fan-complaints-about-seating

“I’m sure we’re going to hear some more about it,” Jacobs said last week, according to WEEI's Matt Kalman. “Listen, those are the standards that are across the league. It’s not like we sort of made it up arbitrarily and this is the size of the seat. Those are across the National Hockey League and NBA. But yeah, I’ve heard some of the feedback, I personally got some email about it already, it’s early days, so I’m sure there’s a lot more coming once the season ticket holders – those that may have skipped our preseason games – show up."

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He sounds like such a nice guy, doesn't he?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/td-garden-releases-statement-regarding-fan-complaints-about-seating

“I’m sure we’re going to hear some more about it,” Jacobs said last week, according to WEEI's Matt Kalman. “Listen, those are the standards that are across the league. It’s not like we sort of made it up arbitrarily and this is the size of the seat. Those are across the National Hockey League and NBA. But yeah, I’ve heard some of the feedback, I personally got some email about it already, it’s early days, so I’m sure there’s a lot more coming once the season ticket holders – those that may have skipped our preseason games – show up."
LOL more "corporate-Speak" from a suit. If he were more sincere he would take one of the seats that his patrons are paying (good hard earned dollars on) during a Bruins game, sit there ALL game and then make a statement/judgement. But that will never happen. IF he did that he could call in the media to "prove" that since such a tall fellow can sit comfortably in the seats, we peons can too. Won't happen!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
LOL more "corporate-Speak" from a suit. If he were more sincere he would take one of the seats that his patrons are paying (good hard earned dollars on) during a Bruins game, sit there ALL game and then make a statement/judgement. But that will never happen. IF he did that he could call in the media to "prove" that since such a tall fellow can sit comfortably in the seats, we peons can too. Won't happen!

Yes and the . “Listen, those are the standards that are across the league." Comment is rather horse pucky. I mean its like, just because everyone's kids on your street didn't go to college, my kids aren't going because its standard on this street and the precedence has been set to be like everyone else and lets not try to be better, type attitude.

Instead of rewarding the people who has helped put money in your pocket, discourage them by taking a luxury away in an attempt to put more money in your pocket. The life of a billionaire.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Wow, the Devils are reeeeaaaallllly bad.

They were winning 4-1 and lost 6-4 to Florida.

Have fun, Pernell!

It's becoming apparent who the first coach to be fired in the NHL will be. If the Devils continue to suck, that will also increase the odds of Taylor Hall signing with Boston as an UFA next year. :nod:

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Wow, the Devils are reeeeaaaallllly bad.

They were winning 4-1 and lost 6-4 to Florida.

Have fun, Pernell!
From what I’ve seen, PK (and the Devils as a whole tbf) has looked like absolute trash so far. Can’t say I feel the least bit sorry about that.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad