OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Big baby Torts

"What's your question Portzy? God damn, you just keep on working me, don't you? I told you: I'm not interested in breaking down what's happened in the game. I've been very fair about that. I'm sorry you don't have information for your story, but that's how we're going to go about our business here." -- Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella to Aaron Portzline of The Athletic on Game 2 and looking ahead to Game 3.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Big baby Torts

"What's your question Portzy? God damn, you just keep on working me, don't you? I told you: I'm not interested in breaking down what's happened in the game. I've been very fair about that. I'm sorry you don't have information for your story, but that's how we're going to go about our business here." -- Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella to Aaron Portzline of The Athletic on Game 2 and looking ahead to Game 3.

Torts quotes are better for the media than any cliche he’d give them about the game, they should be thankful. Tortorella is a prophet of doom, and my respect grows for him as time passes. Every time he calls out the Pens publicly he’s been right. 2012, 2014, and summer 2018. Pens should have listened to him about entitlement and arrogance each time, because only pain followed.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Torts quotes are better for the media than any cliche he’d give them about the game, they should be thankful. Tortorella is a prophet of doom, and my respect grows for him as time passes. Every time he calls out the Pens publicly he’s been right. 2012, 2014, and summer 2018. Pens should have listened to him about entitlement and arrogance each time, because only pain followed.

His conferences may be entertaining, but he's still a neanderthal who hasn't been relevant in the NHL for over a decade and a half.

ANd the irony of calling Sid/Malkin whiners....

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I get the distinct impression they didn't know why he was benched. Either that or didn't comprehend.

Or maybe confused him with Jones.

Jones ... Johnson ... both are generic names and sound the same to old people.

I think they thought they knew and it’s why JR was running his mouth like that. It’s just why they thought they knew that’s the mystery.

From watching game tape and making terrible assumptions?
JJ’s agent lied?
JJ lied?
Bad source in the CBJ org?
Someone in the Pens org who wanted him making things up?

It’s still so weird. Giving a bad contract? I can easily see JR doing that. All the unprompted bs about why Johnson was scratched? That’s out of character for JR or any GM.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Maybe JR just let his ego make a stupid decision? Doesn't seem wholly impossible considering the other decisions he's made throughout his career.

The entire hockey world has seen JJ suck for like 15 years. It's still beyond me how he's still in the league. :laugh: Most guys don't get the amount of leash he's been gifted. JR was running on the adrenaline of back to back Cups where almost all of his moves, particularly for "misfit toys" kind of guys, worked out spectacularly. It's entirely believable that the guy just thought he had the Midas touch and he let his arrogance pull the trigger on an abysmal hockey deal.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Routing for the Canucks today. Think of it as an ode to Pavel Bure..huge fan of his back then. He's the only player that I'd choose to have his skill set if I could play pro

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know that the Caps are missing Carlson and Eller today, but Philly looks way better...better speed overall

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Just tuned in to find that Cody Ceci got a shorty, which is...extremely on brand for 2020, imo.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol you have to suck to blow a 3-0 lead
fb4e07ea3c37c426dd0a2b3344b1ff85.jpg

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Atrocious giveaway by Matthews in the final seconds.

only the second OT game (along with pens gm1) of the playoffs. Weird. (not counting the round robin crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad