OT: Around the NHL - Hockey is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Leafs adjusted to the Jackets' strategy. I'm anxious to see how the next game plays out.
I'd rather see the Jackets win vs the Leafs.

My prediction for game 3?

GentleVariableApe-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Hungamania and BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just want Zona to lose so maybe they fire Tocchet and maybe we fire Recchi to bring Tocchet back here.
They won't fire Tocchet. He's likely the only safe guy in management at the moment. He has a lot of pedigree that they'll want around as well as his relationship with Kessel and the work he's done with that group. Which is why its clear how good he really was as an assistant when his role is more focused to a few aspects.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I enjoy making fun of the Leafs, but I don’t actually hate them. The Jackets, on the other hand, I dislike.

Yeah but Columbus isnt going anywhere. Even one playoff round win for the Leafs, and the fans will be insufferable. Also Auston Matthews face bugs the crap out of me.

Reactions: BHD

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
@flyersfan018

Have to post this here since they won't let me reply to your response to me on the main board.

Tampa is going to smoke the Flyers in 4. Hart will have sour face. Book it. Sweep. Brooms.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Think I prefer oli over jj

At first I thought the return was alright, plus they were gonna move JJ anyway. Then I thought it was ok because JJ was playing ok and Kahun was playing well.

Now JJ is as bad as ever again, and Kahun is gone (even though I’m not a Sheary hater). Sucks man.

Reactions: Rave7215 and Lustaf

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
More points for Olli.

Good. I’m happy for him. He’s part of the “why, JR?” saga.

Signed Hunwick
Traded Sheary to move Hunwick who other than 14 games has been on ltir
Used that cap space for JJ
Traded Maatta for Kahun and kept the abomination
Traded Kahun for Sheary and Rodrigues

There are other baffling moves in that time but I’d call that the main circle. Could have just kept Maatta and Sheary the whole time or made other trades. Could have kept Oleksiak for half the price instead of signing JJ.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I'm just an tired of this damn calendar year as a whole and just ready for everything including hockey to be over and done with, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of anything in 2020, this whole year as just been one giant kick to the nuts in Groundhog Day fashion.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Hawks take lead with 1:16 to go

Keith should have tried skating that down instead of ripping the shot from that far away at the end. 12 secs left, icing.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Good. I’m happy for him. He’s part of the “why, JR?” saga.

Signed Hunwick
Traded Sheary to move Hunwick who other than 14 games has been on ltir
Used that cap space for JJ
Traded Maatta for Kahun and kept the abomination
Traded Kahun for Sheary and Rodrigues

There are other baffling moves in that time but I’d call that the main circle. Could have just kept Maatta and Sheary the whole time or made other trades. Could have kept Oleksiak for half the price instead of signing JJ.

That whole sequence of events just makes me angry.

I really wish JR would watch some of these players first before signing/trading for them. Then he wouldn't have to fix his mistake by making more mistakes.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What did JR say about JJ being benched by Torts? "We know why he was benched" or something?

I get the distinct impression they didn't know why he was benched. Either that or didn't comprehend.

Or maybe confused him with Jones.

Jones ... Johnson ... both are generic names and sound the same to old people.

Reactions: 66-30-33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad