Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I was so sure CBJ was going to beat EDM and they lost in a hilarious fashion. Torts, the gift that keeps on giving.

And my goodness, is Vegas hot or what? I am totally rooting for them in the West.

Tampa is such a great team that I might even feel a bit bad for them if the Pens stop defeat them in the playoffs. A tiny little bit. :) That PP is wow, I can't believe ours is less that 5% less effective, on the eye test it looks more like 50%.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Tortorella saved 2 abused horses from the glue factory by adopting them?
Anyone watching the CBJ feed? That poor horse looked so ****ed up. I donno... I kinda like Torts... especially with the horses thing and he has 4 dogs.

Seems like a decent human being.
He does a shitload for animals so he will always get a pass from me.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That's why the wild card for me is Phil. If he gives a ****, I like our chances. If he's still acting like it's preseason, I'm not sure a rested Geno with McCann or Rust will make anywhere near the impact they could.

Problem is I don't think it's that Kessel doesn't care. His confidence is shot, his shot isn't going in, and he's far too predictable now.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I wonder what he's going to blame this time. He will probably still do pretty well on his next contract compared to most of us, but he has lost millions because of his play the past year.

Really curious to see what his deal looks like. He’s a guy that could be out of the league here very soon.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I’m struggling to to think of another deadline deal in recent history that’s gone worse than Coyle for Donato.

Obviously it didn’t change much for the teams: Boston are still on course as a contender and the Wild are still a bubble team at best, but Coyle hasn’t done much of anything, and Donato is a PPG player since the move and seems to be in on every damn goal for Minny.

I know some people said the Wild were gettingn a good young player when the move was made, but to see the impact right away, while the main trade acquisition struggles is pretty nuts. Maybe Coyle’s play has been better than the stats suggest

Edit: now Donato is over a point per game

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
SJ struggling a bit down the stretch. 5 game losing streak now. Their goaltending is rough.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I’m struggling to to think of another deadline deal in recent history that’s gone worse than Coyle for Donato.

Obviously it didn’t change much for the teams: Boston are still on course as a contender and the Wild are still a bubble team at best, but Coyle hasn’t done much of anything, and Donato is a PPG player since the move and seems to be in on every damn goal for Minny.

I know some people said the Wild were gettingn a good young player when the move was made, but to see the impact right away, while the main trade acquisition struggles is pretty nuts. Maybe Coyle’s play has been better than the stats suggest

Edit: now Donato is over a point per game

yah i had donato pegged as a star years ago, not sure why boston gave up on him. he oozes skill.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
yah i had donato pegged as a star years ago, not sure why boston gave up on him. he oozes skill.
Seems like they wanted size and got Coyle (who hasn't been a great fit).

That trade was bizarre to me as well, Donato could be a potential star in this league, kid is definitely talented enough to be a corner stone player for the Wild in a year or so.

I know Boston has a lot of solid young guys, but Donato not only had the family ties to the team and all that other marketable crap, but the kid has some serious talent to back it up. Another bizarre move by Boston, but it some how never seems to phase them.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Seems like they wanted size and got Coyle (who hasn't been a great fit).

That trade was bizarre to me as well, Donato could be a potential star in this league, kid is definitely talented enough to be a corner stone player for the Wild in a year or so.

I know Boston has a lot of solid young guys, but Donato not only had the family ties to the team and all that other marketable crap, but the kid has some serious talent to back it up. Another bizarre move by Boston, but it some how never seems to phase them.
Donato was good in the olympics without the talent of the game.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Dude. I could get 15 goals with McJesus, though.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Didn’t realize Brassard was doing THAT bad in Colorado. Not an NHL player. Was it injuries?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Dude. I could get 15 goals with McJesus, though.

He doesn’t play with him. Though he should still be able to score but if your blaming him as to why you don’t make the playoffs is pretty ****ed up. He plays less than 11 minutes at ES and PK’s. They have much bigger issues. Horrible organisation.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Didn’t realize Brassard was doing THAT bad in Colorado. Not an NHL player. Was it injuries?

I think it’s just in his head. He’ll do better at a new team from the start with a pre season but he’ll be leaving some money on the table (probably not that much though). Anyone after a 2C will be looking at him.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->