Around the NHL | PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Tortorella saved 2 abused horses from the glue factory by adopting them?
Anyone watching the CBJ feed? That poor horse looked so ****ed up. I donno... I kinda like Torts... especially with the horses thing and he has 4 dogs.

Seems like a decent human being.

idk - i've seen lots of instances of people using kindness to animals to substitute for kindness towards people. always good to care for animals. but also good to treat humans with respect, which i don't think he does a good job of.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
idk - i've seen lots of instances of people using kindness to animals to substitute for kindness towards people. always good to care for animals. but also good to treat humans with respect, which i don't think he does a good job of.

Him and his wife do a lot of charity for kids and animals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like CBJ would atleast have the potential to push Tampa if they could put it together. At the very least be physical with them. While the Habs will just be a sweep.
I feel like the Habs would give them a run for their money. They have some guys that are playoff tested and could wreak some havoc on their guys, especially for confidence.

But yeah, if we're hoping for an all out war, it's Jackets.

Canes might just sit at center ice playing connect four or some dumb shit.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Him and his wife do a lot of charity for kids and animals.

kids and animals. who doesn't love them?

i do a lot of mentoring with at-risk teens. i don't think it redeems my sins. but different people have different standards for what makes a good person.

idk. i'm not convinced by the Torts act. he may have good elements to his character - but also he has displayed a real attitude towards people that at best can be called anti-social and at worst dehumanizing. i'm not one of those that subscribe to the theory that good actions cancel out bad - they both exist in the world. but i fear i might have ventured off topic.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I feel like the Habs would give them a run for their money. They have some guys that are playoff tested and could wreak some havoc on their guys, especially for confidence.

But yeah, if we're hoping for an all out war, it's Jackets.

Canes might just sit at center ice playing connect four or some dumb ****.

Habs have the best chance imo. Mainly because of Price. If he gets hot he can steal a series. Agree they’re a bit battle tested and that is a TOUGH place to play.

They would still prob get smoked, but I could maybe see them pulling off the improbable.

CBJ and Canes get steamrolled. No chance for either team. I think Carolina is pretty good too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Habs have the best chance imo. Mainly because of Price. If he gets hot he can steal a series. Agree they’re a bit battle tested and that is a TOUGH place to play.

They would still prob get smoked, but I could maybe see them pulling off the improbable.

CBJ and Canes get steamrolled. No chance for either team. I think Carolina is pretty good too.

Canes get steamrolled? Canes have lost something like five games in 45 days.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Columbus going "all in" isn't looking like a very smart move right about now. If they didn't have Dubinsky and Tortorella, I might even feel bad about it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Don't think Sid would ever allow the celly stuff like the Canes and Kuz.
He's an old soul who's idol is Steve Yzerman.
He'd never go for or put up with it.

f*** that, I hope in Sid's final year, he goes out with a Cup and then skates around mocking all of the moronic celly's he's had to see from other idiots and then he pulls out a Kovalchuk picture from behind the bench, props it up, and points at it one last time before laughing his ass off and taking a few swigs from the Cup.

The Mic Drop.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Columbus going "all in" isn't looking like a very smart move right about now. If they didn't have Dubinsky and Tortorella, I might even feel bad about it.
Dubinsky had 8:40 TOI tonight.
Guy is comparable to penguins Wilson. Yet he is a concern? Come on.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dubitard might be a plug for most of his career at this point going forward, but against the Pens, the guy ups the ante with dirty shit. He's still useless, but he's a dangerous useless. Not only to his own team, but to the Pens with doing dirty crap.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory
I guess the same threat as Caesar feared from Pompey. 'As long as he can be propped on a horse, he will be a force which opposition will gather'.
Jma7.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Where did I indicate that "he's a concern"? I said I can't feel bad for a team that has that idiot playing for them.

I don't care if he gets 1 minute of ice time per game, he's still a dirtbag and I will always hate any organization that carries him on their roster.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Where did I indicate that "he's a concern"? I said I can't feel bad for a team that has that idiot playing for them.

I don't care if he gets 1 minute of ice time per game, he's still a dirtbag and I will always hate any organization that carries him on their roster.

Not to be picky, but if you mention him, by all accounts of definition, you have concern in a manner of speaking.
I hate Duby too. Just saying the guy plays so little and has a pathetic TOI this season. He gets<8min per game.
If he cheap shots... he will get his due... penguins can handle that rag tag CBJ in their current disarray.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not to be picky, but if you mention him, by all accounts of definition, you have concern in a manner of speaking.
I hate Duby too. Just saying the guy plays so little and has a pathetic TOI this season. He gets<8min per game.
If he cheap shots... he will get his due... penguins can handle that rag tag CBJ in their current disarray.

It's like you interpret a post how you want, then answer based on what you think it said rather than what it actually said. You're not nitpicking, you're simply misconstruing what I originally said.

To reiterate -- my post literally had zero to do with any sort of concern or commentary on what kind of impact Dubinsky would have on a game. He could literally be a healthy scratch the rest of the season and it wouldn't change my original point. I simply do not like the guy, and thus, have zero empathy for any franchise who employs him.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's like you interpret a post how you want, then answer based on what you think it said rather than what it actually said. You're not nitpicking, you're simply misconstruing what I originally said.

To reiterate -- my post literally had zero to do with any sort of concern or commentary on what kind of impact Dubinsky would have on a game. He could literally be a healthy scratch the rest of the season and it wouldn't change my original point. I simply do not like the guy, and thus, have zero empathy for any franchise who employs him.

I can do that? Che Che... talent.Avoid my witchery.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

In your diary. We've all read it man. We have a lot of questions about the Fabio/Crosby thing on a stallion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad