OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
JVR (5-6 weeks) and Dubinsky (4-6 weeks) both out. van Riemsdyk is probably the bigger loss at this point.

Reactions: Andy99

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Sharks are missing Thornton, having EK adjust, and are getting up there in age. It wouldn't shock me if they're like the Pens, play through the reg season and save it for the playoffs.

Reactions: EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
San Jose's gotta figure out the PP setup. Karlsson almost seems wasted playing the right half wall, instead of the point.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
:heart:MAF

Sprong+Desmith <-----> Fleury

...heavy sarcasm on the love part...kinda serious on the trade part

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
:heart:MAF

Sprong+Desmith <-----> Fleury

...heavy sarcasm on the love part...kinda serious on the trade part
Jeez dude, no lol.

I would rather buy low on Steve Mason, he has every reason to come in and prove himself to earn his next contract or maybe he realizes he can be a solid back-up and stays on until Jarry is ready, etc.

Either way, I would go after Mason if he's 100% healthy and takes a league min contract.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Jeez dude, no lol.

I would rather buy low on Steve Mason, he has every reason to come in and prove himself to earn his next contract or maybe he realizes he can be a solid back-up and stays on until Jarry is ready, etc.

Either way, I would go after Mason if he's 100% healthy and takes a league min contract.

I have a feeling Mason is fighting post concussion syndrome. I don't think he'll play again.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have a feeling Mason is fighting post concussion syndrome. I don't think he'll play again.
If he's out, then I would try to trade with a team that has a veteran back-up that is playing in the AHL or something to that extent.

JR missed the boat big time, now he will have to trade assets to land a back-up that helps ease pressure off of Murray and supports.

If Darling ever returns to the Hurricanes, I would try to snag McElhinney (sp?) via a quick trade (throw a 6th rounder at them).

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Capfriendly says

Lehtonen
Mason
Maguire
Leighton
O'Connor (playing on Wheeling??)

Are UFA goaltenders.

Yikes. JR gonna get screwed...

Last edited:

odiumutis

Sep 23, 2018
www.forgotten-path.lt
Sharks are missing Thornton, having EK adjust, and are getting up there in age. It wouldn't shock me if they're like the Pens, play through the reg season and save it for the playoffs.
I don't thnik Thornton is the piece they are missing right now - they played without him the second half of last season and were fine. Sure, he could be an important player for the team, but he's 40 years old already... Besides, they have Pavelski, Couturer, Kane, Hertl, two best offensive defenders in the game - they just have to find the right spots for them.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Capfriendly says

Lehtonen
Mason
Maguire
Leighton
O'Connor (playing on Wheeling??)

Are UFA goaltenders.

Yikes. JR gonna get screwed...

Theres a few more out there.

PHI will have to put one G on waivers when Neuvirth heals up. Currently have Elliott, Neuvirth and Pickard.
I assume it'll be Pickard.

Luongo went down with an injury and Hutchinson was called up. If/when Lou comes back, theres an odd man out there too.

When Darling comes back, CAR has one too many.

Always guys floatin' around like this.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Theres a few more out there.

PHI will have to put one G on waivers when Neuvirth heals up. Currently have Elliott, Neuvirth and Pickard.
I assume it'll be Pickard.

Luongo went down with an injury and Hutchinson was called up. If/when Lou comes back, theres an odd man out there too.

When Darling comes back, CAR has one too many.

Always guys floatin' around like this.

True. But if it's any warm body I'd pick Lehtonen or Leighton right now.

It's gotta be someone with a bunch of years and the ability/maturity to help teach. With enough skill to handle being hung out to dry (a deficiency in almost every career backup...as if they could do that, they'd be a starter).

It's a tough call to find someone EFFECTIVE.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Anyone have a video of this?

cute-adorable-toddler-falls-on-ice-walking.gif

Reactions: Chuck Norris Trophy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->