OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The hivemind gets quite testy when someone points out all the Flyers young defensemen aren't as good as they've been hyped up to be.

I don't understand Flyer fans. The idea was to be good in 3-4 years. All those dmen will be right in good dmen prime years of like 24-26. They aren't good right now, especially as a group, but maybe they will be. It's about growth. Instead they want it all right now. It just ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah many of us were wrong on Harrington, especially vs Dumo.
A huge majority.

There was an overwhelming percentage on this board that saw Harrington the way we see Dumoulin now. The only difference is that Dumo has earned it. Harrington never will. I will admit, I was in on the thought of Joe Morrow and his aggressive play and offense, I was hoping for more of a Letang 2.0, but we got nothing but a kid that was almost too arrogant in his own abilities that got humbled the f*** out of in multiple moves around the league until he finally found a home in Winnipeg.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ah yes... I remember the "Joe Morrow is God" preseason thread like it was yesterday. To be fair, he was aces that preseason. And I really thought Harrington was a slam-dunk to be a solid regular.

He was a god. He brought us Jake Guentzel through a Shero trade/draft :)

giphy.gif

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
What was it about?

After being away for awhile, come back and apparently the Leafs won the cup already lol. Told them to cancel the parade after 2 games and their fans are more insufferable than Ohio State fans (Could be trolling, but, just wanted TML fans know how I felt :laugh:. Forgot that you can't post opinions on the main without upsetting someone lololol.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It's not just their young defensemen. Patrick, Konecky, Lindblom, and Vorobyov up front. Yeah, they'll be a solid team down the road. For now, though, there's going to be bumps.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't recall Sprong ever being hyped up to the degree the Flyers young defensemen have been the last 3 years.

I/others may or may not have been hoping he could replace Kessel.

Kessel. Lol! One of the most successful RWs in the game. Lol!!!!!

Are Flyers fans calling their guys like that?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't understand Flyer fans. The idea was to be good in 3-4 years. All those dmen will be right in good dmen prime years of like 24-26. They aren't good right now, especially as a group, but maybe they will be. It's about growth. Instead they want it all right now. It just ain't gonna happen.

Not to mention that it's likely some of them just won't pan out as expected. If every young defenseman panned out exactly as expected, the Penguins would still have Morrow and Harrington and they'd be playing big minutes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Reactions: EightyOne

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great start to this TOR, WPG game, lots of chances at both ends, goalies making some great saves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->