OT: Around the NHL - Good hocket is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
There was a long time where the damn Sharks won every f***ing game too. From 97-2015 they were undefeated by Pittsburgh in San Jose. It was annoying going and being a lone Pens fan and walking out in shame over and over and over. hahaha.

I had to look his brother up..Judson? Yeah...sounds like a redneck name indeed. And racist and homophobic twitter rants aren't a good look.

Hopefully he really has learned something better in the last five years.

Logan...I am okay with. Even though he sucks at faceoffs against Sid :thumbu:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
There was a long time where the damn Sharks won every ****ing game too. From 97-2015 they were undefeated by Pittsburgh in San Jose. It was annoying going and being a lone Pens fan and walking out in shame over and over and over. hahaha.

I had to look his brother up..Judson? Yeah...sounds like a redneck name indeed. And racist and homophobic twitter rants aren't a good look.

I remember them being blow outs as well, like the Caps vs Pens game last night type of crap. It was frustrating but the dude kept acting like it was him that beat the Pens and would get in my face about it. I never said anything because the dude seemed deranged enough to shank me if I said step off.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, this has been a rough period for Karlsson. He has not been good.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There was a long time where the damn Sharks won every ****ing game too. From 97-2015 they were undefeated by Pittsburgh in San Jose. It was annoying going and being a lone Pens fan and walking out in shame over and over and over. hahaha.

You weren’t the only one bud...I was there for every lousy Pens showing in SJ from 2008 to 2015 and every 4-0 loss...then finally the seas parted and the sun shone through the clouds on a miraculous Cup finals....and it was all worth it....

Reactions: EightyOne

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Good shift by Karlsson there, him and Burns on the backend on a 4 on 4.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
The most heartbreaking was like this close 2-2 game in 2000.

Then like 30 seconds away from getting to OT at least, the Sharks got a baby breakaway and ripped it past f***ing Jean-Sebastien Aubin from just inside the blue line way against the nearside boards. Should never have gone in.

FML for having to remember shit like that.

Or the game when Andy f***ing Chiodo was starting. Ugh.

But I've seen so many great players in person from BOTH franchises in the meantime.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wow, this has been a rough period for Karlsson. He has not been good.

Meh. He’s been typical Karlsson. He’s a little off, but bringing in a player like Karlsson will take time to adjust into the line-up.

You can’t just play 24-25 minutes randomly with a new team and expect it to immediately click. He’s already showing flashes.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sharks win in OT, 3-2.

What's with all the OT games these first couple of days? Not that I'm complaining. OT hockey is exciting. It just seems like half the games have gone to OT.*

*Waits for someone to be "that guy" by pointing out that 50% of the games have not gone to OT

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Looks good. I don’t like him on the RW, never have.

Honestly, the big worry was skating and he looks comparable to Malkin out there.

He does look to be in great shape for his age and being in a different league.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What's with all the OT games these first couple of days? Not that I'm complaining. OT hockey is exciting. It just seems like half the games have gone to OT.*

*Waits for someone to be "that guy" by pointing out that 50% of the games have not gone to OT

Generally a more level playing field at the start of a season.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
So far 17 games, 6 went to OT.

So 35%.

Compared to the below, it is a bit high, but will likely average out. Or everyone is just wanting these 3pt games?

My very rough research of last year shows:
1271 games
296 went to OT/SO.

So: 23%

Playoffs:
85 games
11 went to OT

So: 13%

And a random pick:

2014 season:
1230 games
307 went to OT/SO

So: 25%

Playoffs:
90 games
20 went to OT

So: 22%

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So far 17 games, 6 went to OT.

So 35%.

Compared to the below, it is a bit high, but will likely average out. Or everyone is just wanting these 3pt games?

My very rough research of last year shows:
1371 games
296 went to OT/SO.

Playoffs:
85 games
11 went to OT

So: 13%

And a random pick:

2014 season:
1230 games
307 went to OT/SO

So: 25%

Playoffs:
90 games
20 went to OT

Why was there 141 more games last year than 2014?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Also, is hocket an inside joke, or are we just cool with the thread title being spelled badly?
I dunno about others but i got hocket from the official Pens board back in the suck days when I was 18 and that age range (34 now), the JS Aubin (ugh), Rico Fata days. Forgot how it started...too long ago. I dunno about anywhere else for hocket.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Why was there 141 more games last year than 2014?

Because Excel sucks? Naw, I just mistyped 1371 instead of 1271. Bonus 100 games!

LoL. I edited the original. It literally went from 22 to 23 percent though.

The extra 41 (not 141 lol) games were due to Vegas.

Reactions: shoplifter

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
fun game so far

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Edmonton is just rotten. No wonder the HF hivemind loves trying to discredit Stanley Cups when it comes to Crosby, because it looks like McDavid isn't going to win one for a LONG time, if ever.

Reactions: Turin and Ogrezilla

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton is just rotten. No wonder the HF hivemind loves trying to discredit Stanley Cups when it comes to Crosby, because it looks like McDavid isn't going to win one for a LONG time, if ever.

Edmonton looks horrible. They're such a collectively slow looking team. They can't keep up with New Jersey's speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->