Around the NHL: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
ROR went to a team with an existing core that had established what it means to be a St Louis Blue and there weren't any problems. Same with Kane until he surrendered to his inner demons. The problem with the Sabres is they have no core and players coming in are directionless. That's what Adams is trying to build.

Let's keep some things in perspective. RoR walked into STL and the team immediately cratered to last place in the league. Their fortunes turned around when a rookie goalie stood on his head for 3 months.

Not that I think RoR was causing STL to lose, but it's not exactly like that team had no problems.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Let's keep some things in perspective. RoR walked into STL and the team immediately cratered to last place in the league. Their fortunes turned around when a rookie goalie stood on his head for 3 months.

Not that I think RoR was causing STL to lose, but it's not exactly like that team had no problems.

Excellent point. There were dreams that their 1st would be a top 5 pick lol.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

A fun listen. Not quite 32 Thoughts on Eichel, but plenty.

The Isles having lots of deals done that Lou won’t announce was interesting.

Also a good note on how Tarasenko’s agent is feeding stuff to the media to get him out of St Louis. That situation is very similar to Eichel. Tarasenko is impatient and wants out and the Blues are waiting for the right offer.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

A fun listen. Not quite 32 Thoughts on Eichel, but plenty.

The Isles having lots of deals done that Lou won’t announce was interesting.

Also a good note on how Tarasenko’s agent is feeding stuff to the media to get him out of St Louis. That situation is very similar to Eichel. Tarasenko is impatient and wants out and the Blues are waiting for the right offer.

We didn't expose Eichel in the expansion draft only for Seattle to pass on him though.

Vince Dunn is a nice to have player - but that's still a real indication of Tarasenko's low value. Even if Seattle didn't want him - you would have thought they would take him & make a side deal if there was another team who really wanted him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
We didn't expose Eichel in the expansion draft only for Seattle to pass on him though.

Vince Dunn is a nice to have player - but that's still a real indication of Tarasenko's low value. Even if Seattle didn't want him - you would have thought they would take him & make a side deal if there was another team who really wanted him.

That doesn't change the fact that the Sabres and the Blues are shopping their guys and they don't like the offers they have gotten.

Both teams might have disgruntled superstars on their hands come the start of the season.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
That doesn't change the fact that the Sabres and the Blues are shopping their guys and they don't like the offers they have gotten.

Both teams might have disgruntled superstars on their hands come the start of the season.

I think Tarasenko is much different to Eichel. I guess it's a possibility STL is over valuing him but they exposed him in the ED. They should know he's worth very little. If they can't give him away for nothing then Tarasenko should not be pissed off. He should focus on making other teams want him.

Eichel already has high value. Not quite as high as some posters here want to believe but far more than Tarasenko. I think he's acted like a complete dick from the beginning & I'd love to see him fail... But a part of me can also understand his frustration. Multiple other teams are obviously very interested & the reason a deal hasn't been done is Adams holding strong.

Reactions: Jacob582

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

the Seattke GM might have bern on Krak in the expansion draft. He didn’t get any side deals and didn’t pick exposed players with value.

they aren’t a good measuring stick for Tarasenko.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
He is just “misunderstood” by everyone who is around him including his wife and all teammates.:naughty:
Violent toward women, degenerate gambler, and total lack of empathy.

Yup, pure psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad