Around the NHL: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Just put a total spend cap that is x% higher than the salary cap NHL. Tampa just keep dealing for LTIR players to get out of at this point average contracts to sign their top players. It’ll keep happening until the league implements some control.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Those contracts for Garland and Buchnevich are nice. If only we could've had Sam on that type of contract.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Just put a total spend cap that is x% higher than the salary cap NHL. Tampa just keep dealing for LTIR players to get out of at this point average contracts to sign their top players. It’ll keep happening until the league implements some control.

It's not going to get fixed.

More players like Seabrook will just stop playing but not retire because they are not valuable assets while not actually playing anymore. The NHLPA will defend this to the death because it means more players are getting more money.

NHL teams will defend this to the death because it allows them to come as close to buying a championship as you can in this league, and that's always good business.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Predictions for 7/28:

-Ullmark goes elsewhere

-BUF signs two of Andersen, Brossoit, Jones, and Reimer

-BUF signs two journeyman defensemen, including Gudbranson

-BUF signs zero UFA forwards

Reactions: The Blunder Years

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Predictions for 7/28:

-Ullmark goes elsewhere

-BUF signs two of Andersen, Brossoit, Jones, and Reimer

-BUF signs two journeyman defensemen, including Gudbranson

-BUF signs zero UFA forwards

Yeah I think there might be a possibility of 1-2 depth forwards tomorrow also but I think most of the moves will be centered around defense and goaltending. We have a projected 37 million in cap space (without the Eichel contract) and I don’t see us spending more than 15 million of It tomorrow on UFA signings.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
A right side of Myers, Harmonic, Poolman. All of them overpaid. Benning was definitely one of the other GMs that reportedly offered a 1st for Risto.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Carolina trading Foegele for Bear, paying Fred Anderson more than Mrazek got, pursuing DeAngelo and Virtanen.

First time in a while that I haven't liked what the Canes are doing.

Reactions: JesterCheese

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Carolina trading Foegele for Bear, paying Fred Anderson more than Mrazek got, pursuing DeAngelo and Virtanen.

First time in a while that I haven't liked what the Canes are doing.

I think Bear for Foegele is ok, the others are out of character for them.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

Yeah naw that's an insane price for one year of Kuemper. Well done Arizona. They are loading up on the 2022 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad