Around the NHL - Episode XLV III - BEAST MODE ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Gotta cheer for the habs, ya? Meme potential of Leafs out in first round to a different old rival is too juicy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Great season for Cody Ceci

18:31 TOI/GP, 5th in TOI/GP, 2nd in PK TOI/GP

2nd in pts among Pens D-men, 2nd in +/- among Pens players,

Who would have thought that he'd be fine with a much more reasonnable task as a #4/5? :sarcasm:

Gotta cheer for the habs, ya? Meme potential of Leafs out in first round to a different old rival is too juicy.

I seriously have no idea...

On one side, if Toronto wins, you have the Leafs ending their awful streak of no playff round win in 17 years and the even more awful praising on HF and through medias (like even more than when they are/were a losing team, if that's even possible)

On the other side, Montreal winning would mean a non-stop habs praise. If they win, I'd want them to lose the next round, but would the Jets or Oilers be able to do that if they were able to beat the Leafs? Silver lining, if Montreal get out of the north, their 1st round pick gets lower and the Leafs streak lives

Whatever happens, we will be satisfied on one side, but pissed on the other?

My predictions:

Bruins-Caps: Bruins in 6
NYI-Penguins: Penguins in 7
Wild-Knights: Wild in 4
Lighting-Panthers: Lightning in 7
Predators-Hurricanes: Hurricanes in 5
Avs-Blues: Avs in 6
Leafs-Habs: Leafs in 5
Oilers-Jets: Oilers in 6

Wild in 4?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So Sportsnet has the Leafs ranked as the #4 cup contender

Having watched all Sens leafs games this year, i don't think we're far off

One of the above cannot be true

Sometimes teams just don't match up well against another team.

Leafs were 6-1-2 against Edmonton while we were 0-9-0

Come playoffs, that kind of dynamic matters a lot, get the right matchups and you might see them breeze through, get the wrong ones and they'll have a much tougher time.

Plus, I think it's natural for teams to take a team that started off 2-12-1 lightly, even after that team starts tuning things around. Hopefully we'll be good enough next year that nobody takes us lightly anymore.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Man, the Josh Anderson fan club has been really quiet lately. A lot of people were excited about his start to the year and here he is finishing the year tied in scoring with the guy he was traded for.

Reactions: Deku

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Great season for Cody Ceci

18:31 TOI/GP, 5th in TOI/GP, 2nd in PK TOI/GP

2nd in pts among Pens D-men, 2nd in +/- among Pens players,

Who would have thought that he'd be fine with a much more reasonnable task as a #4/5? :sarcasm:

I seriously have no idea...

On one side, if Toronto wins, you have the Leafs ending their awful streak of no playff round win in 17 years and the even more awful praising on HF and through medias (like even more than when they are/were a losing team, if that's even possible)

On the other side, Montreal winning would mean a non-stop habs praise. If they win, I'd want them to lose the next round, but would the Jets or Oilers be able to do that if they were able to beat the Leafs? Silver lining, if Montreal get out of the north, their 1st round pick gets lower and the Leafs streak lives

Whatever happens, we will be satisfied on one side, but pissed on the other?

Wild in 4?

This is the sens fan conundrum, though... depends which fan base you grew up around. I went to uni near Toronto in the early 00s, so no matter what the habs do, they will always have my support over the leafs... its also just so much easier though when the memes are just sitting there to be had. Face it, there are no good memes from a leaf win.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is the sens fan conundrum, though... depends which fan base you grew up around. I went to uni near Toronto in the early 00s, so no matter what the habs do, they will always have my support over the leafs... its also just so much easier though when the memes are just sitting there to be had. Face it, there are no good memes from a leaf win.

haha yeah really depends from where you sit. I won't ever cheer for the Leafs but I live right in the middle of the devil's mouth (near Montreal)... So who do I want to lose first? I seriously have no idea. You're lucky if it's clear for you :sarcasm:

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
haha yeah really depends from where you sit. I won't ever cheer for the Leafs but I live right in the middle of the devil's mouth (near Montreal)... So who do I want to lose first? I seriously have no idea. You're lucky if it's clear for you :sarcasm:

Once again, though, tie goes to the memes. The leafs losing has a lot fun attached, if the habs lose, they'll just fire their gm and probably be better for it and unless he flexes on the way out meme potential squandered. Go habs round 1, go not habs round 2.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Mantha was a good playoff addition.
Damn Wilson has to score the first of course.
Chara is still big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad