Around the NHL - Episode XLV III - BEAST MODE ANDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Except you should plan out a rebuild and be patient. We know exactly what a rushed rebuild looks like, and it sucks and is usually doomed to fail.

Make the plan, stick to the plan. Profit.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Much as making the playoffs would've been fun, getting to watch the Leafs and Habs tear each-other apart is a nice consolation prize.

fVXWImj.jpg

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I doubt Buffalo moves him in conference. I think Minny or Nashville.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Torts has to be going back to the rags.

Follow that up with them going for Eichel and they will be dangerous.

No way do the Rangers take a risk bringing in such a polarizing figure with all the young talent they have, and if they do, they'll sorely regret it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We should be cheering for Montreal.

If the Leafs lose they absolutely will make a stupid trade, and if the Habs win they absolutely will stay the course. Both are good for us.

Leafs will probably win but I have no problem cheering for the habs. I grew up in Quebec and was a Habs fan until the Sens got their franchise. Always hated the Leafs and that hatred built being a Sens fan. As a kid I did watch the last time the Leafs won the cup in 67... I remember because my old man was a Leafs fan .

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So Sportsnet has the Leafs ranked as the #4 cup contender

Having watched all Sens leafs games this year, i don't think we're far off

One of the above cannot be true

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
So Sportsnet has the Leafs ranked as the #4 cup contender

Having watched all Sens leafs games this year, i don't think we're far off

One of the above cannot be true

Maybe due to ease of getting to the final? The North doesn't really have powerhouse teams to get through. Montreal is meh, Winnipeg had a bad run at the end of the year and Edmonton is still thin after McDavid and Draisaitl. You look at the Central and West and it's going to be a big effort to get through those divisions. Leafs, in theory, should coast to the conference finals.

I think the Leafs are improved. The defence is better but not massively and they've added some grit. I like the Foligno acquistion. It all feels a bit tacked on though, like putting a fart can and a spoiler on an economy car and saying it's a sports car. It's still basically a skill first team and guys like Marner, Tavares and Nylander are going to have to come through.

They also better get the Jack Campbell that was on that heater. Otherwise the goaltending won't stand up against a good team.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe due to ease of getting to the final? The North doesn't really have powerhouse teams to get through. Montreal is meh, Winnipeg had a bad run at the end of the year and Edmonton is still thin after McDavid and Draisaitl. You look at the Central and West and it's going to be a big effort to get through those divisions. Leafs, in theory, should coast to the conference finals.

I think the Leafs are improved. The defence is better but not massively and they've added some grit. I like the Foligno acquistion. It all feels a bit tacked on though, like putting a fart can and a spoiler on an economy car and saying it's a sports car. It's still basically a skill first team and guys like Marner, Tavares and Nylander are going to have to come through.

They also better get the Jack Campbell that was on that heater. Otherwise the goaltending won't stand up against a good team.

Getting thru the north might only mean you represent another team's easy series to the final

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It'll be really interesting to see the Leafs when they face a team that has a purpose-made gameplan to take on Matthews and Marner. Also, almost everything else about that team is a question mark from the goal out. Good for them for the regular season they've put together but I've seen enough Sens teams at the top of the standings get absolutely crushed in the playoffs by "inferior" teams.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Leafs are definitely dangerous and with Tavares heating up they should take the North unless the Oilers depth can step up.

Outside of that I think they get shelled in the first couple of games by whoever they face in 3rd round. If they can get up to speed they may hang in for 6 games.

My bet is on Vegas or Colorado to take the Cup but the West get screwed in this format with only 1 of those teams able to advance to conference finals.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My predictions:

Bruins-Caps: Bruins in 6
NYI-Penguins: Penguins in 7
Wild-Knights: Wild in 4
Lighting-Panthers: Lightning in 7
Predators-Hurricanes: Hurricanes in 5
Avs-Blues: Avs in 6
Leafs-Habs: Leafs in 5
Oilers-Jets: Oilers in 6

Last edited: