Around the NHL - Episode XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boychuk retires, apparently due to an eye injury suffered last season.

Isles cap issues are solved for this year. Now appear to have about 9M to re-sign Barzal.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Boychuk retires, apparently due to an eye injury suffered last season.

Isles cap issues are solved for this year. Now appear to have about 9M to re-sign Barzal.
Lou strikes again. I thought it would be Ladd but this works.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lou strikes again. I thought it would be Ladd but this works.

Yeah it's super convenient for them. More than a little suspicious.

Boychuk's only owed 4M over the next couple years after his signing bonus was paid. Not sure if that will need to be paid back though.

Can easily make up for it with a nice cushy management job for the Isles, which I'm sure will come in time.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Actually it sounds like he may be LTIRed. Off to Robidas Island.

Will still get his money but Isles get 6M in cap space. Win-win.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Actually it sounds like he may be LTIRed. Off to Robidas Island.

Will still get his money but Isles get 6M in cap space. Win-win.
And it’s only 4M so no need to involve the Insurer’s doctors as they probably won’t submit a claim.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Islanders need cap space to sign their star, 36 year old guy with 6m cap hit has to long term injury retire.
200.gif

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Islanders need cap space to sign their star, 36 year old guy with 6m cap hit has to long term injury retire.
200.gif

This is what players really mean when they want owners willing to win. They want their retirement contract covered as they are paid to go away. It lets the team add the next player and lets a 33+ year old sit on the beach instead on the bench grinding out the last years of a contract.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
That's a reasonable deal for Tampa.

If we're talking "assets" that this team should be interested in, Cirelli and Cernak are certainly on the top of that list. Just steer clear of anyone on that roster with a NMC/NTC unless one of those two come with it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Everyone should be, no clue why we wouldn't be interested in Cirelli or Cernak
Cernak would be nice. Cirelli will get overpaid unless he signs a bridge in Tampa. I imagine Serg is high in year 3 when escrow is lower.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Cernak would be nice. Cirelli will get overpaid unless he signs a bridge in Tampa. I imagine Serg is high in year 3 when escrow is lower.

I like Cirelli. I just like the way he plays and I think he would be a great fit here. I also think he'd be our best C Day 1. He's a versatile player as well. We could use Cernak for sure.

Reactions: Ed Wood

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I like Cirelli. I just like the way he plays and I think he would be a great fit here. I also think he'd be our best C Day 1. He's a versatile player as well. We could use Cernak for sure.
My problem with Cirelli is I think Josh Norris will be better and whatever Cirelli costs would be way too much for a 3rd line player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My problem with Cirelli is I think Josh Norris will be better and whatever Cirelli costs would be way too much for a 3rd line player.
I'd be happily surprised if Norris ends up better than Cirelli, and would be equally surprised if Cirelli ends up a 3rd liner.

A guy who was the 2nd line C for the cup winning team would easily be a 2nd line C for most NHL teams

He was 3rd in icetime for forwards for the cup winning champs, 30 seconds away from leading them in icetime.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Cernak could be a perfect partner for Chabot. Big stay at home D that could take care of the defensive side of things and allow Chabot to jump more into the play and make his presence known offensively.

Don't think we'll be in on him though, given we acquired Gudbranson, Brown and Zub already. Could be a missed opportunity to solve our hole on the right side long-term.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Segechev gets 2.4, 4.8 and 7.2. Smart by Tampa to go 3 years instead of 2, likely lowers the AAV and Serg gets more take home by backloading to year 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad