Around the NHL - Episode XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
No idea what Minnesota is doing, would figure having Staal as a 2C at worst would be a good idea. Unless they think they can get someone really solid for Dumba. I wouldn't mind making an offer for him. Offer White or Brown, NYI 1st, and a prospect like Lajoie. Nothing wrong with having a stop gap rhd

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A Dallas vs. Islanders scf would honestly be one of the most boring f***ing scfs ever.

How can any neutral fan be rooting for this?

Really curious what the ratings will look like if that series happens.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
A Dallas vs. Islanders scf would honestly be one of the most boring f***ing scfs ever.

Twelve words:

Pageau... Pageau, Pageau, Pageau... Pageau... Pageau...
Pageau... Pageau, Pageau, Pageau... Pageau... Pageau...

Reactions: Beville

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
argh, not sure who to cheer for. Just want to see some good hockey. I'm cool with Tampa winning over Dallas I guess, but Seguin is from my hometown...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Frig Lou Lamourillo hockey. I was happy to see the Isles go on their little run until Tampa came and we got the most boring 2 hockey games since the Devils in 1995.

lamourillo hockey is anti-hockey. It’s anti-fan. It’s anti-joy. It’s the worst and shouldn’t be celebrated

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I haven't been paying attention to the playoffs at all. Just the past few days I've looked in on how they're going and it feels like looking at someone's NHLxx game where they're already 25 seasons in the future.

Reactions: Beville

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Isles maybe? Or was it him who apparently turned it down? Can’t remember which player didn’t remove his nmc

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
No idea what Minnesota is doing, would figure having Staal as a 2C at worst would be a good idea. Unless they think they can get someone really solid for Dumba. I wouldn't mind making an offer for him. Offer White or Brown, NYI 1st, and a prospect like Lajoie. Nothing wrong with having a stop gap rhd

They’re trying to get younger and quicker. As it stands they are old and slow for the most part.

They’re moving on from Koivu as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Minnesota was really spinning their wheels with their gang of mediocre has-beens and never-was players.

It's actually pretty smart for them to burn the whole thing to the ground.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
They’re trying to get younger and quicker. As it stands they are old and slow for the most part.

They’re moving on from Koivu as well.

It may also be part of a move to cut salary expense. There's been stories about teams getting rid of players to save some money. Letting UFAs walk is the easiest way to do so.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
But I thought they didn’t have financial issues?

No point in the Leafs spending a lot on a 4th liner when they have a handful of decent 4th liners that they can have playing for the Marlies with the new rule in place regarding 1-way contracts.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd be surprised if Toronto didn't end up signing Pietrangelo at this point.

Was more of a longshot before COVID when he was probably looking at a deal for a million or two more each year. Different environment now with the cap being stagnant and teams' financial situations being in jeopardy.

They could deal Nylander and Johnsson (10.4M cap hit) for picks/prospects and fit him in pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad