Around the NHL - Episode XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
There must be better options than McGuire out there...

That team sure knows how to make the oddest G.M selections.

wouldn't that have been nice

Some of us understood that Dorion took what he obviously thought was the best deal out there. I am confident most teams would have offered up a 1st round pick had Stone committed to signing with them, Vegas, oddly enough seemed to have some inside knowledge that Stone would only sign with them and seemed to offer up a rather lowball offer.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That team sure knows how to make the oddest G.M selections.

Some of us understood that Dorion took what he obviously thought was the best deal out there. I am confident most teams would have offered up a 1st round pick had Stone committed to signing with them, Vegas, oddly enough seemed to have some inside knowledge that Stone would only sign with them and seemed to offer up a rather lowball offer.

Leaving it to the last second ; hoping against hope did not help the return

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Leaving it to the last second ; hoping against hope did not help the return
None of us know what the negotiations between Stone and the team were like. Dorion obviously wanted to keep him but I couldn’t. I know someone who knows Stone pretty well and he’s convinced Stone wanted to stay but the Sens just couldn’t come close enough to what Stones agent wanted in $$$.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
None of us know what the negotiations between Stone and the team were like. Dorion obviously wanted to keep him but I couldn’t. I know someone who knows Stone pretty well and he’s convinced Stone wanted to stay but the Sens just couldn’t come close enough to what Stones agent wanted in $$$.
So it should take to the last minute of the TDL to assess that; after going the entire year; after only being able to sign him to 1 year for presumably the same reason ahead of arbitration

Anyway Sens lose with his loss and any team that was interested in acquiring him and did not lost as well. Add him to this Islanders team and how much does it improve their chances at a cup. I think a fair bit. Would have been cool to see Pageau and Stone there now .. It would be really cool to have Dobson in Ottawa

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So it should take to the last minute of the TDL to assess that; after going the entire year; after only being able to sign him to 1 year for presumably the same reason ahead of arbitration
I feel the same but we heard rumours Dorion tried to get creative in Jan/Feb whatever that means. It must suck for Dorion, you love EK and desperately want to keep him but he despises the owner and won’t play for him. You know how valuable Stone is and you know what it takes to sign him but your owner won’t sign off on it. You now have some nice pieces and a ton of draft capital so you could weaponizing the cap space but your owner wants to cut costs. You are about to pick 3 and 5 in a great draft but you know you will likely only be able to pay 1 in 3 years if they both pan out. All this for 50% of the lowest GM salary in the league.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I feel the same but we heard rumours Dorion tried to get creative in Jan/Feb whatever that means. It must suck for Dorion, you love EK and desperately want to keep him but he despises the owner and won’t play for him. You know how valuable Stone is and you know what it takes to sign him but your owner won’t sign off on it. You now have some nice pieces and a ton of draft capital so you could weaponizing the cap space but your owner wants to cut costs. You are about to pick 3 and 5 in a great draft but you know you will likely only be able to pay 1 in 3 years if they both pan out. All this for 50% of the lowest GM salary in the league.

We also don't know how much Melnyk strung Dorion along as well.. Maybe forcing Dorion to wait.

Reactions: GCK

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

This isn’t realistic IMO. They never have issues signing players after ELC. And yes I know you will counter with cost cutting but they’re not rebuilding this aggressively if they weren’t planning on signing their top prospects/young players

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This isn’t realistic IMO. They never have issues signing players after ELC. And yes I know you will counter with cost cutting but they’re not rebuilding this aggressively if they weren’t planning on signing their top prospects/young players

FYOUS gotta be true. Melnyk would never go back on his word.

Reactions: robsenz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->