Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Buffalo... Yikes.

Any wagers on how long before Melnyk reduces his staff to... Melnyk? Feels like he just got the green light to go nuts.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Maybe that's why Dorion was pushing to have the draft after the playoffs. He wanted to keep his job for a few more months.

He knows the playoffs wont happen so allowing other teams a shot at first is a scam and mess waiting to happen.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion would want the draft after the playoffs because his plans for the upcoming season probably heavily hinged on being able to move some of the draft picks for other things.

I'd bet he's pretty much at the "try to acquire Rick Nash and a goalie" stage of Bryan Murray's previous rebuild.

33 overall is worth 33 overall to every team. But once you take a player, that player could be worth something very different to each team depending on where they were on each list. So if our plan was to bundle some draft picks for a good young star from another team, it could end up costing us a lot more if we have to use our picks on prospects at the draft, and then make the trade for that star player months later when the season is over.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Lebrun reporting that the NHL has reduced the hub city list to 6, including Vancouver, Edmonton, Vegas, and Toronto.

Not sure why Ontario's petri dish is still on the board no wait yes I do.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Source: NHL hub choices down to just six cities

The National Hockey League has narrowed its list for the two possible hubs that will host the resumption of the season to six cities, a source confirmed to ESPN's Emily Kaplan.
Las Vegas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Edmonton, Toronto and Vancouver have made the cut so far, with Pittsburgh and Dallas eliminated Tuesday. Columbus was scratched off the list Monday.
The final six cities were first reported by The Athletic.

Toronto and Vegas --> 4 sure. :sarcasm:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Nov 1st UFA day. Its like im working night shift, my internal clock is getting all out of whack.

(amnesty buyouts) might make a GM’s life easier but wouldn’t help owners/players navigate their troubled economy.

I think he is trying to say GMs will have to live in the bed they last woke up in? Owners cant afford rescue packages. I'd think amnesty buyouts would indeed help teams navigate their troubled waters otherwise.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad