Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It makes sense because even if things look bad the goal is to limit the spread. You limit the spread with measures like self-quarantine.

If we adopt the position that "f*** it, what is the point" then we'll never beat this.

But I'm arguing there is no greater risk of spreading the virus just because somebody travelled into the country. The virus is already here. To me there is no reason to have a 14 day self quarantine any more, but to each their own. Anybody coming into the country can social distance and wear masks etc. If they go to an NHL hub city in Canada, they can stay in their spot the whole time.

There is no beating this until a vaccine is made. It's really that simple.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Saw Mike Milbury’s tweet about Alfie being a ‘no brainer’ HOF. Theo Fleury also one of the all-time watchable hockey players. Had the magic of the game in him on the ice, would love to see Alfie go into the HOF with Fleury.

I like Mike Milbury now? Where’s my shoe!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If Ottawa ever gets a new arena I think these events will cause pause for consideration in how the arena is designed.
Four locker rooms opposed to 2. Hotel within walking distance. etc.

Might be the perfect fit for Ottawa. Less seat capacity and maybe even space between seats (more comfortable seats perhaps?), better ventilation requirements, perhaps more luxury seating (not quite boxes or suites, but like those special seatings they tried a few years ago), also means more entry/exits and ticket booths along with more washrooms. Might even have future arena designs set up in a way that makes a place much more attractive for concerts and other types of shows.

Will be really interesting to see how things shake out in a few years.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I put down a small wager on both Vancouver and NYR to win it all. The odds were too good to pass up. Both young and fast skilled teams with pretty underrated goaltending.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Judd Brackett leaving the Canucks.

Canucks: Potential 2020 NHL draft targets that are NCAA bound
The Vancouver Canucks enjoyed great success under amateur scouting director Judd Brackett, drating players that developed playing hockey at the NCAA level. Brock Boeser and Quinn Hughes are examples of first-round selections that are prominent core members on the current roster.
Thatcher Demko and Adam Gaudette are other examples of players selected beyond the first round that refined their skills at the collegiate level. Jack Rathbone, Tyler Madden, and Will Lockwood are all on the verge of beginning their professional careers after choosing a similar route. Hopefully, the Canucks will continue to identify and draft such prospects.

Autonomy and a breakdown in trust: Why Judd Brackett is...
“Unfortunately an agreement on the level of input going forward with regard to staff personnel and process could not be reached,” Brackett said in a statement he issued on Twitter.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I put down a small wager on both Vancouver and NYR to win it all. The odds were too good to pass up. Both young and fast skilled teams with pretty underrated goaltending.

If you don't mind me asking, what platform are you using? I've had trouble setting up accounts with bet365 with my Canadian credit card (or maybe it's my Canadian IP address).

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Cool, thanks! Looks like I'm going credit card shopping.

Are you sure you want to bet on this years playoffs (assuming they actually get the thing going)?

This is going to be like preseason, where anyone can win, and there is no little formula or trick to beat the odds. It's going to be a real shitshow for betters.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Are you sure you want to bet on this years playoffs (assuming they actually get the thing going)?

This is going to be like preseason, where anyone can win, and there is no little formula or trick to beat the odds. It's going to be a real shitshow for betters.
that's what i'd be betting on.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Feels like the league is trying whatever way possible to have a hub in Toronto. None of the major metropolitan areas make sense to me from a safety standpoint. And now the numbers are starting to rise again. Do they suddenly get more advertising dollars by having a hub in Toronto?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I presume if Vegas is a city then you need a city in the east. I hope it isn't in Toronto. Makes no difference to me where the games are played and i would rather some place ither than Ontario deal with all the travvellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->