Around The NHL Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Is the Vegas hate very new? I f***ing hate the Wild and their fans, I thought we all did. What did Vegas ever do to be hated? The fact that they’re good?
I think it's a combination of they are stacked, successful, the Pietro signing, and then the Stone incident with Bozak

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Is the Vegas hate very new? I f***ing hate the Wild and their fans, I thought we all did. What did Vegas ever do to be hated? The fact that they’re good?
I dont really care about the wild, lesser of two evils I suppose.

As for the vegas hate from me, it’s their smug fans. A lot of 20 somethings around my age have dropped their blues (and some other teams but mostly blues) fandoms and are “huge” fans of them just because it’s cool I guess. And most of their fans online are spoiled and I can’t wait to see them have some down years to see who sticks around. Maybe that’s a dumb reason, but it just irks me. Also, f*** Mark Stone

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I dont really care about the wild, lesser of two evils I suppose.

As for the vegas hate from me, it’s their smug fans. A lot of 20 somethings around my age have dropped their blues (and some other teams but mostly blues) fandoms and are “huge” fans of them just because it’s cool I guess. And most of their fans online are spoiled and I can’t wait to see them have some down years to see who sticks around. Maybe that’s a dumb reason, but it just irks me. Also, f*** Mark Stone
That’s fair. I’m out east now so I literally never hear about them, maybe that’s part of it. I certainly won’t forget the many playoff series against the Wild.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
mark stone cheap shot to bozak that was never dealt with

Reactions: Blueston

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
They were given ridiculous advantages as an expansion team, while the first 6 expansion teams got NOT EVEN a juniors draft of any consequence, not only in 1967, but almost none even in '68, because virtually ALL the juniors rights were owned by the 6 "so-called original" NHL teams. Not only that, but Vegas also got extra picks in the junior draft, and got to pick from many less protected players per team than the 1st 6 Expansion teams, and to negotiate with free agents earlier. The 1st 6 Expansion teams got a raw deal, and Vegas was zoomed right up to play in The Stanley Cup Finals right away with an actual chance to win it. All 6 teams didn't get enough decent players to fill out an NHL roster, and got NO prospects they could expect to help them in the next several years. Only Philadelphia, who spent a lot of money buying The Quebec Aces of The AHL from Montreal, got some extra marginal NHL players, so they could avoid sacrificing future junior 1st and 2nd Round choices trading to mainly The Canadiens, Rangers, and Bruins, to get current roster and 1 to 2 future year NHL prospects, to be able to fill out their team. This situation crippled The Blues, Kings, Pens, North Stars and Oakland Seals from competing effectively for their first 6-7 years, or more. It ruined the Oakland franchise, to make them fail before they even had a chance.

So, you might understand that there would be some degree of frustration and jealousy among Blues fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->